Partners In Health, is seeking Contact Tracers to support Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Local Boards of Health to perform COVID-19 contact tracing.
Partners In Health (PIH) will hire, train and supervise a team of community contact tracing staff across Massachusetts. The aim of this will be to call every person diagnosed with COVID-19, gather their contacts, and proceed to call every contact in Massachusetts. This is in tandem with Commonwealth-wide efforts to increase testing, improve communication and implementation of isolation and quarantine. This will fortify efforts to control the pandemic in Massachusetts.
The Contact Tracer will use a web-based client resource management (CRM) platform to call all contacts of anyone diagnosed with COVID-19 to document a symptom check, refer them for testing according to established protocols, and provide them with instructions for quarantine. Contact Tracers are required to follow all scripts, policies and procedures provided by PIH, and comply with Department of Public Health training regarding confidential information related to personal information.
- Call contacts of newly diagnosed patients.
- Communicate with contacts in a professional and empathetic manner.
- Collect and record information on symptoms into the CRM.
- Provide contacts with approved information about Massachusetts quarantine procedures, and if appropriate, refer them to testing according to protocol and/or to a COVID-19 Care Resource Coordinator for social resources.
- Contact tracers will follow the script to inform contacts about the importance of quarantine and what to do if symptoms develop. They are not permitted to deviate from the script or provide information that is not included in the script.
- Contact tracers will be required to use their own telephone, computer and electronic equipment.
- Maintain daily contact with supervisor.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, positive attitude and work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills required and ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse individuals during a time of crisis and distress
- Ability to show empathy to distressed individuals
- High school diploma, or equivalent required
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to speak, read, and write English
- Second or multiple languages a plus
- Critical thinking and sound judgment required
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Proficiency with computers
- Technology requirements: PC with Windows 10, Antivirus Protection: Windows Defender and Windows Firewall; or Mac with Apple OS X 10.13, Antivirus Protection: Sophos; and personal mobile device to use for this job. A headset is preferred
- Massachusetts Resident preferred and familiarity with Massachusetts’ geography; cities/towns/locations required