Assurance IQ is a technology company headquartered in Seattle. We were acquired by Prudential (NYSE: PRU) to further the joint mission of improving financial wellness across the world.
Our team of world class software engineers, data scientists, and business professionals work every day to expand our product offerings and the reach of our platform. We simplify the complex world of insurance and financial services into straightforward, valuable solutions to improve people's lives. We start by asking customers a few questions, so our system can learn about their needs; from there, our ground-breaking, proprietary platform takes over and analyzes the thousands of data points that make customers unique. This is how we create custom-tailored plans for each customer; plans built precisely for their needs and budget. Our platform serves as the intersection between customer and seller, technology, and the human touch.
At Assurance, we are innovative, persevering, collaborative, calculated, and authentic, and we're working together to improve the lives of millions!
IMPORTANT CriteriaMust: 1) be within 75 miles of Houston, and 2) have entry-level past experience in sales (think Nordstrom sales associate, car salesman, etc.)
As a Sales Support Representative, you'll be the 1st face and voice to customers who are excited to learn more about what Assurance can offer them. You'll be part of a team that's growing quickly while marching after huge goals! We're looking for ambitious team members who aren't afraid to dive right in, learn quickly, and rapidly expand their ability and experience.
This is a unique selling opportunity that offers the flexibility of remote work but also the stability of an office setting if you so choose. Employees will be able to work remotely most of the time, but there is also an expectation that employees come into the office for training and intermittent co-working sessions. At ASSURANCE, we want to provide our teams with the flexibility to work from their homes but also a home base with the resources and training to succeed.
Most importantly, you'll grow your career with Assurance. Bring your drive & ambition to succeed in a 3-month development program. You'll begin by becoming a Guide on the platform where you receive inbound shoppers and qualify them before transferring to a live insurance agent. You'll learn plenty here. During Month 1 & 2 as a Guide, we'll also be getting you your insurance license, state licenses (all paid for by Assurance), and of course training you to become an expert on the Assurance platform. In Month 3, you'll transition to being a full licensed agent on the platform, now receiving those transfers! This is where the real opportunity is.
After ~100 days and ample training at our Houston location, you'll be ready to slowly transition to remote work, selling insurance from the comfort of your home. Are you ready to take the leap?Why you should choose us over any other opportunity:
Work with the ASSURANCE platform, and own the following duties:
- A culture that is focused on the customers' needs, and providing a world class experience
- Dynamic career growth opportunities
- A supportive management team that aids and encourages development and career progression
- Ongoing coaching and career development including individual and group coaching sessions
- A fast paced, high performance environment
- A comprehensive paid training program covering: general phone sales, overcoming objectives, and Assurance IQ's business model
- The opportunity to receive paid training hours/study hours to prepare for your Life, Accident & Health License. Registration fees and materials are paid in full by Assurance
- This role is to train and promote into Account Executive, to sell Life Insurance
- Provide a best-in-class experience to our customers answering questions, handling call objections, and verifying information
- Identify if the customer is a strong fit for an Assurance product
- Connect qualified consumers to one of our licensed Account Executives
- Collaborate closely across a dynamic team
We offer a rewards package that is 2nd to none:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience preferred
- Strong phone skills, excellent verbal and written skills and a strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Outstanding active listening skills and the ability to engage customers to determine their unique needs and preferences
- Proficient PC skills with ability to multi-task between computer applications
- Ability to obtain your Life, Accident, & Health resident insurance license within 120 days of your start date
- Knowledge of life insurance products, or other experience in the financial services industry is highly desired, but not required
- Minimum Internet Speed - ability to hardwire with 30mb down/20mb up speeds
- Be within 75 miles of Ft. Lauderdale,
- Have at least 1 year of phone sales experience.
- Apply with your resume
What's the work location & schedule like?
- Competitive base salary & commission, with chance to earn performance-based bonuses
- A generous benefit package and paid time off including company holidays
- Possibility to participate in company-sponsored retirement savings plans (401k) after 1 year of employment
- Required to work 40 hours per week
- Flexible remote work, although your first 100 days will include mandatory office time for training
- Position Location: Houston