December 21, 2021Department:
Centralized Telemetry MonitorShift:
Permanent Nights (United States of America)Hours Per Week:
SEIU-5-Abbott Northwestern TechnicalWeekend Rotation:
Every OtherJob Summary:
Observes, documents and reports baseline EKG rhythms, trends and changes to RNs and physicians on non-cardiovascular and selected cardiovascular patients. This service is provided to patient care units, clinical community and remotely at other Allina hospitals.Job Description:Principle Responsibilities
- Observes, documents and reports baseline EKG rhythm, trends and changes
- Runs and interprets EKG rhythm strips on admission, every 24 hours, in response to alarm events and when requested.
- Measures PR, QRS, QT and QTc segments.
- Provides rhythm interpretation information to all care givers/providers as needed.
- Initiates rhythm reports for patient record according to established protocol or per ordered frequency.
- Maintains quality for monitor tracings
- Ensures proper skin prep when placing telemetry leads.
- Changes lead patch every 72 hours or more frequent as needed.
- Tailors alarm settings per patient.
- Cleans and maintains telemetry equipment.
- Works with Biomed to troubleshoot and keep equipment in good working order.
- Consults with RNs as needed regarding rhythm interpretation.
- Ensures all monitoring equipment and supplies are in stock and available.
- Performs artifact free 12 lead EKGs
- Posts original tracing in patient record.
- Transmits EKG according to policies of EKG department.
- Obtains STAT EKGs immediately and communicates results to caregiver.
- Provides environment that is safe for patients, visitors and staff
- Uses equipment per department and manufacturer guidelines.
- Follows safety/security procedures for emergency and non-emergent situations.
- Orients new patients to remote monitoring and updates care boards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Vocational degree health care related required or
- Vocational or Technical Training EMT certification required
- Less than 2 Years EKG/Telemetry interpretation experience preferred and
- Less than 2 Years Hospital experience preferred
- Emergency Medical Tech - MN Emergency Medical Services Regulatory Board preferred Upon Hire
- See the Big Picture: Know where we are going as an organization. Use sound judgement and critical thinking to make good decisions that support our mission.
- I know where Allina is going and how my role fits into this picture
- I capture important lessons and share them to foster innovation
- I am good at anticipating the implications of my decisions
- I understand and apply the disciplines of continuous improvement
- Inspire Greatness: Inspire others by connecting their purpose to the broader mission. Lead others through change and celebrate success.
- I help my team connect to the broader mission
- I see and fulfill my role in motivating the team around me
- I celebrate success and help my partners see what is possible with change
- I call out and address unexpected roadblocks or problems
- Foster Learning and Growth: Role model growth, ongoing development and self-care. Empower, coach and encourage others to be at their best selves.
- I role-model self-care and ongoing development
- I share my knowledge and coach others to foster growth and success
- I demonstrate enthusiasm for learning
- I candidly advocate for the resources I need
- I support my colleagues in their development and growth
- Deliver Excellence: Set and align clear goals, measure results, and continually improve safety, quality, experience, and innovation.
- I take ownership of outcomes and fulfillment of goals
- I facilitate adjustments to assure positive results
- I work with a sense of urgency, concern and determination
- I use well-grounded approaches to create sustainable solutions repeatedly
- I engage and foster improvements to impact safety, quality, and efficiency
- Succeed Together:Connect with others authentically. Recognize the value of each individual and seek diverse points of view. Collaborate to succeed together.
- I consider how decisions might impact my colleagues
- I am generous in my commitment to supporting the needs of my partners
- I respect others' opinions, praise good work and encourage all team members to be involved
- I seek common ground and work to create mutually beneficial outcomes
- Collaboration: Develops partnerships with internal team members.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate well in straight-forward situations.
- Company Knowledge: Understands his/her own job and how the role interacts with his/her team.
- Functional Knowledge: Knowledgeable about his/her specific job.
- Problem Solving: Uses common sense to solve routine issues.
Lifting weight Up to 20 lbs. occasionally, Up to 10 lbs. frequentlyAdditional Job Description:
- 0.8 FTE
- Straight Night
- Every other Weekend (1st/ 3rd weekend)
- Benefit eligible