Senior Preconstruction Mechanical Estimator (Remote Work Available)Location:
Chief EstimatorFLSA Status:
EMCOR Construction Services (ECS) is part of EMCOR Group, Inc. (NYSE: EME), a Fortune 500® leader in mechanical and electrical construction, industrial and energy infrastructure, and building services for a diverse range of businesses. For 10 consecutive years EMCOR Group, Inc. has been named one of the Top 5 "World's Most Admired" Companies in the Engineering and /Construction Industry by Fortune®. ECS business is a nationwide group of 40+ electrical and mechanical companies with annual revenues of $4.5+ billion and employs a workforce of 16,000.
For years EMCOR Group, Inc. has been the largest mechanical contractor, and the second largest electrical contractor in the United States. ECS performs projects that are up to several hundred million dollars in revenue, as well as thousands of small projects. The type of facilities built by ECS companies include hospitals, data centers, transportation and water infrastructure, power plants, a variety of buildings (hospitality, office, residential, education, and institutional), refineries, food processing plants, etc. ECS designs, installs and maintains high-performance mechanical and electrical systems that enable safe, effective, and high-quality lighting, electricity, security, plumbing, heating, cooling, and power generation.SUMMARY
EMCOR Construction Services (ECS) is seeking Senior Preconstruction Mechanical Estimators to work for a Mechanical Operating Company in Nevada. The position is responsible for estimating bids for various markets including; healthcare, data centers, hospitality, semiconductor, commercial, institutional, municipal, and other projects in the public and private sector. At least 8-10 years of estimating mechanical/plumbing work required.We offer competitive compensation/benefits. Remote Work is available for this position for candidates who live and work outside of Colorado. Remote work is available requires up to 25% travel to Nevada for meetings, project take offs, job walks as needed.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- The Senior Preconstruction Mechanical Estimator is responsible for producing mechanical, HVAC and plumbing estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements;
- Provide Knowledge and expertise of plumbing, mechanical piping and sheet metal systems;
- Attend pre-bid or team scope review meetings and understand the complete scope of work required, with sometimes-limited information;
- Visit construction regional project sites for job walks and meetings;
- Review and understand all of the project bid documents;
- Locate, notify and send bid information to subcontractors and vendors for quotations on outsourced work;
- Complete the estimate takeoff, using on-screen computer estimating, within time deadlines;
- Complete change order estimates for awarded projects;
- Work as a team with other estimators, company divisions and departments;
- Compile and finalize the estimate within time deadline and participate in team reviews with management on bid day;
- Daily interaction with subcontractors and vendors;
- Evaluate bids of subcontractors and vendors for completeness of scope of work, schedule, compliance with specifications, or other bid requirements;
- Prepare value engineering analysis in anticipation of the customer's best interest
- Develop the scope of work narrative;
- Assist field operations with the estimate after bid award & at project closeout
- Prepare proposal letter including scope of work, inclusions, exclusions and clarifications. Additionally, meet proposal due date schedules;
- Anticipate requirements of producing estimates with little information given
- Consistent customer follow-up for feedback on bid / proposal, reporting results to management;
- Enforce compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, safety standards and report all variances to Chief Estimator.
- Remote work is available and requires up to 25% travel to Nevada for meetings, project take offs, job walks as needed (additional travel may be required within the first six months of hire).
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
For employees who live and work outside of Montana, ECS requires all employees who will be required to work onsite, whether regularly or sporadically to be vaccinatedfor COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to [obtain/show proof of] a complete COVID-19 vaccination. ECS is an equal opportunity employer, and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.Position Requirements
- At least 8-10 years experience estimating mechanical/plumbing projects required;
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Construction Management Degree from Accredited College/University experience a plus;
- Professional work experience that demonstrates proficient knowledge of plumbing, mechanical piping and sheet metal systems;
- Full working knowledge and experience using Estimating software;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs (i.e. Excel, Word) and comfortable with spreadsheets and computerized on-screen takeoff program;
- Produce accurate, timely and competitive estimates with minimal data;
- Excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, subcontractors, general contractors and owners;
- Ability to maintain organization while multitasking in an extremely quick-paced environment;
- Ability to adapt to Company estimating policies and procedures;
- Remote work is available and requires up to 25% travel to Nevada for meetings, project take offs, job walks as needed
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel up to 25% travel to Operating Company office/construction job sites for meetings, project take offs, job walks as needed.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and is also required to travel to construction job site locations as needed.
While visiting job site locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled