We believe real value is powered by the unique skills and experiences of our professionals. The interchange of ideas from a diverse group of people gives our teams an expanded perspective and the ability to find better solutions for our clients.Company :
Black & Veatch Corporation Req Id :
54787 Job Title :
Mechanical Engineer - REMOTE Tennessee Opportunity Type :
Staff Relocation eligible :
Yes Full time/Part time :
Full-Time Project Only Hire :
No Visa Sponsorship Available:
No Job SummaryAt Black & Veatch, the Power division
is driven to meet clients' rapidly changing infrastructure needs in generation, storage, transmission and distribution of safe, reliable electric power.
With the ability to provide end-to-end-solutions from concept through construction and operations for all types of power generation assets, Power has found success in helping clients solve for complex challenges. Backed by strategically located Centers of Excellence and solutions for developed and expanding markets we arelooking for strong leaders to join our team and continue help Black & Veatch build a world of difference. In our Mechanical Engineer - REMOTE Tennessee role
, you will serve as a responsible engineer / ownersengineer
to support Black & Veatch with the growing local presence in the TVA service area
to provide on-site engineering support for outages, troubleshooting and walkdowns.
You'll use your experience
andstrong leadership capabilities
to lead technical multidiscipline efforts and will be the primary technical interface with our clients. This role is a REMOTEopportunity the requires the candidate live in Tennessee
.This, along with Black & Veatch's 9/80 schedule, is one of the many ways we promote and encourage balance for our employees. Key Responsibilities
- Serves as Responsible Engineer - leading technical multidiscipline efforts, primary technical interface with client.
- Serves as Owners Engineer - reviewing vendor documentation for compliance with technical specifications and client expectations.
- Walkdown equipment at the client sites for replacement, upgrades and troubleshooting.
- Support project installation and commissioning, collecting construction red-lines.
- Attend Vendor equipment FATs.
- Develop engineering change packages including: drawings, sketches, specifications, calculations and lists.
- Travel to client project sites in the TVA service region (TN, AL, MS, KY)
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience with the design of Coal, combined cycle and/or simple cycle gas turbine generation facilities as well as balance of plant design of various power generation facilities .
- Written Communications
- Drive For Results
- Priority Setting
- Directing Others
- Conflict Management
- Dealing with Ambiguity and Building Effective Teams
- Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline
- Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
- Minimum of 5years related work experience.
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- Most positions - depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division - will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration
- Typical office envirionment: sitting, talking, grasping, hearing, keyboard input, seeing, writing Concentration, memory, reading, reasoning
Decision qualitySalary Plan
ENG: EngineeringU.S. FLSA
Black & Veatch endeavors to make accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process because of a disability, please contact the Employee Relations Department at +1- or via our accommodations request form . This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only; you may not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications. General inquiries about the status of applications will not be returned.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy.
Our comprehensive benefits portfolio is a key component of this commitment and offers an array of health care benefits including but not limited to medical, dental and vision insurances along with disability and a robust wellness program.
To support a healthy work-life balance, we offer flexible work schedules, paid vacation and holiday time, sick time, and dependent sick time.
A variety of additional benefits are available to our professionals, including a company-matched 401k plan, adoption reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, vendor discounts, an employment referral program, AD&D insurance, pre-taxed accounts, voluntary legal plan and the B&V Credit Union. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
We are proud to be a 100 percent ESOP-owned company. As employee-owners, our professionals are empowered to drive not only their personal growth, but the company's long-term achievements - and they share in the financial rewards of the success through stock ownership.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here . If you'd like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here and here .Notice to External Search Firms
: Black & Veatch does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be obligated to pay a placement fee for unsolicited resumes. Black & Veatch Talent Acquisition engages with search firms directly for hiring needs.