Senior Mechanical PlumbingEstimator (Remote Work Available)Location:
Tempe, ArizonaReports to:
Chief EstimatorFLSA Status:
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors (UMEC) is a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group. Inc. EMCOR is the world's leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, operations and maintenance. UMEC is a full service mechanical contractor serving the western United States. UMEC designs, builds and commissions mechanical systems, including heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC), plumbing and piping systems for commercial, institutional, high tech, industrial and military clients.JOB SUMMARY
University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc. Arizona is seeking a Senior Plumbing Estimator responsible for estimating and bidding on construction projects in the greater Phoenix area. The Senior Estimator is responsible for all phases of the estimating and bidding process including preconstruction services and performing estimate take-offs. Thorough knowledge of the mechanical/plumbing construction bidding processes is required. The ideal candidate will have experience estimating healthcare, data center, semi-conductor projects. At least 10 years Mechanical/Plumbing Estimating experience. Remote work is available for this position with up to 25% travel to the Greater Phoenix area for meetings, job walks, and project take offs as needed.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties will likely be assigned.
- The Mechanical Estimator is responsible for producing mechanical estimates by analyzing proposals and requirements;
- Review and understand all of the project bid documents;
- Responsible for quantity take-off, material, equipment and subcontractor pricing, spreadsheet input and proposal preparation using Quick Pen estimating software;
- Work on site and/or in-house estimating where candidate will work with professionals in design firms on design-assist and design-build projects providing mechanical engineering and design assistance;
- Work as a team with other estimators, project teams and other departments, such as our CAD detailing staff;
- Manage the developing project mechanical designs to budget and must have knowledge regarding safety, worker's compensation, insurance and bonding, materials as it pertains to bidding requirements;
- Attend pre-bid or team scope review meetings and understand the complete scope of work required, with sometimes-limited information;
- Up to 25% travel to the Greater Phoenix area for meetings, job walks, and project take offs as needed;
- Enforce compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, safety standards and report all variances to Chief Estimator
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- At least 10 years Mechanical/Plumbing Estimating experience, with at least 4 years experience and proficiency bidding on large and complex proposals;
- Experience estimating healthcare, data center, semi-conductor projects;
- Professional experience that demonstrates specific expertise with Mechanical, Plumbing and HVAC systems serving healthcare, institutional, commercial, high rise, clean rooms, and process systems for microelectronics facilities is a major plus;
- Work experience that demonstrates thorough knowledge of the mechanical construction bidding processes is required.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or Construction Management Degree from Accredited College/University preferred;
- Professional work experience that demonstrates proficient knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems;
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office Programs and full working knowledge and experience with Trimble Quickpen;
- Produce accurate, timely and competitive estimates with minimal data;
- Excellent communication skills with customers, vendors, subcontractors, general contractors and owners;
- Ability to maintain organization while multitasking to meet estimating deadlines;
- Ability to adapt to University Mechanicals estimating policies and procedures;
- Up to 25% travel to the Greater Phoenix area for meetings, job walks, and project take offs as needed.
- UMEC requires all new hires to be vaccinated for COVID-19. This position will require the successful candidate to show proof of a complete COVID-19 vaccination. University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc. (UMEC) is an equal opportunity employer and will provide reasonable accommodation to those individuals who are unable to be vaccinated consistent with federal, state, and local law.
The requirements listed below are representative of the characteristics and demonstrated capabilities sought to perform this job successfully.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Maintains a professional manner in actions and appearance when representing UMEC.
- Must prioritize in a fast-paced, hands-on, multi-task environment.
- Must have demonstrated ability to perform basic business mathematical functions.
- Must work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work independently or in groups under a fast-paced work environment.
- Must effectively manage time and details.
- Must interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have organizational skills in handling & archiving technical data.
- Must comply with all operating policies, procedures, plans, and programs.
Must have the demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in English, cooperate, and collaborate with multiple levels of customer, employees, unions, government agencies, vendors and suppliers, and other contractor organizations.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to walk, reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel up to 25% travel to the Greater Phoenix area office and/or construction job sites for meetings, job walks, and project take offs as needed.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee should expect to sit for long periods in front of a computer and is also required to travel to construction job site locations as needed.
While visiting job site locations, the employee may be required to work outdoors, be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical and electrical parts; high, precarious places; dust, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions, extended exposure to sunlight; cold and heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled