Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world's most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science.SUMMARY:
Tetra Tech is seeking personnel with a preferred minimum of 5 years of related experience to join our team currently serving both industrial and government clients. The position requires American Petroleum Institute (API) 653 and Steel Tank Institute (STI) SP001 certifications; candidates should be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of inspection practices, ASME codes, API and STI standards and principles related to the inspection and repair of fixed fuel receipt, storage, piping, and dispensing infrastructure.
REMOTE WORK AND OTHER CONUS LOCATIONS CONSIDEREDYOUR ROLE:
Supervise and participate in collaborative efforts supporting Tetra Techs Fuels program.
Typical activities may include:
- Direct and coordinate field activities executing internal and external tank inspections.
- Support Project Manager with field oversight relating to fixed fueling systems.
- Development, review and submittal of reporting deliverables, systems repair/construction submittals, deficiency programming and cost estimates.
- Provide on-site inspection, support, surveillance, and assessment of fixed petroleum storage infrastructure facilities and projects at various project locations.
- Implement work plans, safety plans, and monitor worksite activities to ensure project execution supports compliance with established criteria.
- Resolve technical conflicts and schedule impediments to enhance the effectiveness of the project.
- Manage the development of inspection reports and other related data to support preparation of project deliverables.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- API 653 certification.
- STI SP001 certification.
- ASNT NDT Level II with UT certification.
- OSHA 30-Hour.
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry.
- Ability to obtain or maintain a government security clearance, and/or Favorable Background Investigation (BI) is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and API 653 Annex C Checklists for Tank Inspection and/or related software.
- Relevant industry certifications from AWS, ICC, NACE (CP2, Coatings Inspector Level II, or Protective Coating Specialist), or SSPC.
- ASNT NDT Level II with MT and PT certification.
- Proficiency in SpecsIntact and CAD.
- A working knowledge of ASME codes, UFC, UFGS, API, and STI standards and practices related to design, inspection, and repair processes associated with Department of Defense petroleum and oil storage and distribution systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: (if applicable)
- HS Graduate (or equivalency)
- 5 plus years of experience inspecting US Military / DoD fuel storage tanks and at least 10 API tank inspections in the last 2 years, a working knowledge of standard Department of Defense Petroleum Oil and Lubricants handling facilities and support system design and engineering requirements.
- Experience with construction or repair of aviation and ground fuel receipt, storage, and dispensing systems inclusive of aircraft hydrant refueling facilities and / or pier based marine vessel loading and unloading systems.
N/A PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Indicate any special physical requirements and lifting requirements. WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Potential candidates must have the ability and skills to efficiently work in front of a computer workstation for considerable periods of time. The performance of assigned duties may take place in wet and/or humid conditions, in the presence of fumes, particles, or environments where petroleum and toxic chemicals may be present. The noise level in the work atmosphere is usually low to moderate but on occasion higher due to work activities in close proximity to airfields and operating equipment.LANGUAGE/COMMUNICATION SKILLS:
Maintains effective communications with client, subcontractors and Tetra Tech's Project Manager. Schedules and conducts status and safety meetings with the client and subcontractors as required. Liaises with client and prevailing government agency representatives as required. Resolves operational, customer, contractor or technical problems that impact the effectiveness of the repair projects using defined processes.MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Cost estimating experience related to Petroleum Oil and Lubricants handling systems operation, inspection, maintenance, repair or construction.OTHER SKILLS:
Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook, proficiency in MS Office Suite and API 653 Annex C Checklists for Tank Inspection and/or related software, and proficiency in SpecsIntact and CAD.About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees-21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:Tetra Tech
is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech's core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.Please no phone calls or agencies.