Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!Role
Are you passionate about partners and helping a company and national partner grow their revenue? Do you love helping Sale Reps see the value of a partner and return on investment? If you answered yes to these questions, we have a role for you at Splunk.
You will have primary responsibility to meet and exceed quarterly and annual revenue quota assignments for specified distributor(s). You will be responsible for growing Splunk's business in the distribution channel with America partners. This includes the understanding of distributor business goals and requirements, and being involved in the presentation of Splunk product, solution, and technology propositions to distribution salespeople.Responsibilities
- Help design and implement transformation from our traditional Distribution model to a new Cloud First Strategy that includes distribution, VAR and Cloud partners.
- Define a plan to develop Splunk working aligned with AWS/GCP in a distribution model
- Continue to build relationships and lead the interface between Splunk and Distributor .
- Work with Distribution on on-boarding new Cloud First/Observability resellers.
- Work with Distribution on developing creative solutions for increase in CSP alignment.
- Work with Distribution on developing new practice and more value-add services (example quoting)
- Help assign priority to Distribution's Splunk team and mitigate any conflict
- Team with Distribution team manager to advise distribution sales motions
- Directly lead / sell into Distributors.
- Work with Distributor to build and run demand generation and marketing efforts for partners
- Tracking Distributor's Pipeline and Forecast
- Define Distribution important metrics and goals.
- Drive channel marketing activities with complementary technology partners
- Work with Distribution Partners to ensure partners are developing their Splunk skills and improving their values-add services.
- Ensure Distributors exceed goals by understanding Distributor business strategies and communications to pertinent departments in Splunk
- Enable through training, Distributor salespeople.
- Supervising and reporting competitive activities and sales and distributor POS sales
- Running co-marketing opportunities with channel partners and third party allies.
- Satisfy internal reporting requirements by submitting reports and records in accordance with company policies and practices
- Participate in trade shows and make presentations, as required.
- Travel to distribution locations for enablement and training
- 10 plus years of Distribution Partner Account Manager in a fast-growing software company
- 7-10 Distributor and VARs experience with a technology company that is similar to Splunk's industry in America.
- Experience with Distribution and Cloud partners.
- Experience with distribution transformation.
- Recent and previous success exceeding revenue and bookings quotas in a distribution channel
- Experience strategizing and managing Distributors and exceeded goals
- Experience with analyzing and reporting activities related to sales and revenue activities
- Location: Remote (must already be in USA)
- BS preferred and an MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!