Engineering & Design SBU
A remote Sr. Materials and Process Engineer job is currently available at Belcan. This is a full-time direct position with benefits. To be considered, you will need a Bachelor's Degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline and at least 15 years of experience. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to a cross functional team in complex component/system level requirements compliance management, process standardization/improvement initiatives, and certification report creation in a faced-paced, highly collaborative environment.
Sr. Materials and Process Engineer job duties include:
• Review production drawing for large complex assemblies documenting the status of compliance to established requirements.
• Facilitate cross functional team collaboration in improving internal and external Materials & Processes efforts, including material evaluation, inspection, test, and documentation for human spaceflight certification.
• Create test plans and procedures for process, component and system level analysis and qualification
• Perform forensic failure analysis, root cause determination at process, component, and system levels
• Generate and present overall project status reports to Belcan and Client organization stakeholders
• BS degree Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline (advanced degree is desired) with 10 years of experience in a highly regulated industry and familiarity with integrated product development, certification, and quality control standards (ISO/IEC; 9001,9100, RTCA; DO-160, DO-254, DO-178, MIL-STD; 461,464,704)
• Experience measuring, analyzing, developing, characterizing nickel, aluminum, copper, and oxygen-compatible alloys.
• Familiarity with standard methods for testing mechanical properties (including fatigue, fracture, creep, stress rupture) of metallic and soft materials
• Knowledge of industry standards for material data analysis (e.g. MMPDS)
• Experience with statistical analysis methods and related tools
• Skilled with communication/collaboration, modeling and analysis, requirements management, and project management tools
• Self-motivated, adaptable, highly organized and possess excellent communication skills
• Must a US person (US citizen or permanent resident)
• Masters or PhD in Material Science/Engineering or related field
• Familiarity with high-temperature, high pressure/cryogenic Oxygen and Hydrogen applications
• Familiarity with analysis, testing, and mitigation for Hydrogen Embrittlement
• Hands-on skills with SEM, EDS, metallography, mechanical testing
If you are interested in this Sr. Materials and Process Engineer job please apply via the 'apply now' link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!