Overview: Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit .
Responsibilities: Guidehouses Administrative & Office Services team provides comprehensive, quality administrative and support services to our client-serving and corporate professionals. They span a wide range of vital roles from administrative support to facilities management and office services.
The Executive Assistant role provides dedicated support to multiple client serving Partners and is expected to have a combination of technical and interpersonal skills. They are the single point of contact for the administrative needs of assigned internal customers and provide services in a manner that demonstrates the highest levels of quality, accountability, and teamwork. These services include but are not limited to:
- Effectively use the firms core technology applications, as well as develop/demonstrate solid knowledge of firm wide and practice-specific tools, processes, and databases
- Manage calendar, schedule and prioritize appointments, ensuring meetings, deadlines, presentations and other duties are carried out seamlessly
- Coordinate travel arrangements (domestic/international), maintain travel profiles, last minute changes (flights, car, hotel, team communications), mapping or providing direction, support in handling passport and visa issues
- Prepare expense reports as required; follows policies and procedures, resolves auditor inquiries and engagement code reclassifications
- Draft/edit/write correspondences, presentations, ensuring grammar, spelling, formatting/visual design are perfect
- Conduct basic information searches (e.g., via internet, internal sites, etc.) and maintain contacts and distribution lists (as needed)
- Assist with onboarding of new hires into their respective Segment/Region functional area (if applicable)
- Deliver administrative support in a proactive manner and identify 'value add' opportunities
- Execute special projects at discretion of manager and/or Partner
- High school diploma required; Associates/Bachelors degree in a related discipline preferred
- 5 years of administrative support experience, preferably including 3-4 years in a top-tier professional services firm
- Highly proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint with ability to learn new software systems when necessary
- Strong organizational and time management skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written); able to interface with personnel at all levels
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships at all corporate levels and with clients/stakeholders
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability and use of good judgement
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with competing demands
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to multi-task and be extremely effective working independently and with direction
- Proactively leverage and share knowledge with colleagues
- Proven ability to act with discretion and maintain complete confidentiality
- Willingness and ability to work the hours necessary to complete assigned work
- Clear fit with (and champion of) firm culture and values
- Strong work values, dependable, honest, self-confident and a positive attitude
- Professional and polished demeanor in dealing with all situations
- Strong sense of initiative and works with urgency
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and reprioritize tasks in response to unexpected changes in priorities/requests
- Willing to embrace our customer-focused, action-oriented, results-driven culture
Additional Requirements: The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Disclaimer: About Guidehouse
Guidehouseis an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation. Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouseoffers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Position may be eligible for a discretionary variable incentive bonus
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program