Chief Cloud Security Architect - US RemoteCan be remote anywhere in the US
Dell Technologies has had a 35-year history and track record of delivering ground-breaking products, solutions and services to help millions of customers on their modernization and digital transformation journey! As we define our mission for the next 35 years - the opportunities to reshape the cloud are massive. We will do this through our uniquely differentiated approach, unparalleled commitment to customer success and focus on innovation. We are making huge bets and fast progress to bring clouds to our customers - wherever they may be!
The Computing industry is going through a generational transformation fueled by the cloud operating model. As organizations accelerate through their digital transformation - they have increasingly started to rely on the power of the cloud operating model to innovate more and achieve their business results faster. With project APEX - Dell Technologies is on a journey of its own to fundamentally modernize how the Dell Technologies customers engage with us across the entire span of their journey. We are reinventing everything from how our customers discover, purchase, provision, manage, operate, expand every one of our offers - from infrastructure to consumer to the services portfolio. While we are doing this - we are on a path to redefine how the world looks at cloud computing itself in the new hybrid cloud world! Exciting times!
Project APEX is defining the future of Dell Technologies - and the APEX Console is the central pane of glass for delivering all APEX offers to our customers. It's a singular orchestration platform across the company for our customers to engage with Dell Technologies.
We are looking for a Chief Cloud Security Architect
to help us define cloud security technical strategies and lead the design and implementation of Project APEX's security architecture and capabilities. We are looking for a technical leader who believes in building trust with our customers and has a passion for embedding security into the core foundation of the next-generation cloud-based IT infrastructure.
If you want to join the 'ground-floor' of a massive transformational effort and feel excited by the opportunity to lead a generational transformation for ourselves and our customers - this role may be just the right opportunity for you!
- Partner with cross-functional teams and senior leadership to develop short- and long-term cloud security strategies and roadmap.
- Responsible for the design of the entire cloud security architecture and capabilities from the ground up.
- Lead efforts in defining the security technical requirements for all parts of the APEX platform
- Lead the APEX security technical leadership board that consists of security technical leaders from portfolio product groups across Dell technologies
- Technically coach, inspire, and challenge your fellow team members
- Be the security technical ambassador and representative for APEX. Interact with industry experts, partners, auditors, and customers to drive security collaborations.
- Identify the industry trends, opportunities, and security gaps; help convert these needs and gaps into technical requirements for APEX portfolio products within DELL Technologies and ecosystem partners.
What we are looking for
- Attract and recruit top talent and help build a collaborative and winning engineering culture.
- 10+ years of technical leadership experience in the security domain
- Experience in designing and implementing cloud security architecture with AWS, GCP, OCI and/or Azure
- Experience in leading security, compliance, privacy, and risk management projects.
- Expertise in security subdomains, including Encryption, Data Protection, Compliance Validation, Vulnerability Management, and Incident Response, Network Security, Infrastructure Security, CICD Security, Identity and Access Management, Logging and Resiliency.
- Experience with threat modeling frameworks such as STRIDE and tools.
- Experience in software development, using web APIs and languages such as C++, Java, Python, and Rust
- Experience with VMware/Hyper-V, Kubernetes, and container-based environments
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to diverse audiences and guide leadership on technology values and risks.
- Critical thinking skills and the courage to challenge conventional approaches to solving problems in a fast-paced environment
- Technical vision and leadership. Curiosity about new security technologies and concepts
- Familiarity with industry security frameworks (ISO, SOX, SWIFT, OWASP, NIST Cyber Security, etc.).
- Industry recognized certifications highly desired: e.g. CISSP, CCSP, CISA, CISM,
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.