Our client offers competitive pay and attractive benefits package
that provides those with Lafayette Federal careers the resources needed to manage their health, promote their well-being, and help plan an exciting future. We are currently seeking a motivated, detailed Quality Assurance Specialist to help us continue our tradition of excellence. This is a permanent, full-time position where you can work remotely. We accept applicants anywhere from Maryland, Virginia and DC.
One week of training is in Rockwell, MD.About this position
In the role of Quality Assurance Specialist, under general supervision, you will be responsible for assisting with the overall monitoring of operational quality by reviewing documentation related to the mortgage process to ensure accuracy and compliance in accordance with Lafayette Federal and regulatory guidelines.Responsibilities:
Following established procedures, the Quality Assurance Specialist will:
- Review mortgage disclosures (including Loan Estimates, Closing Disclosures, and Residential Loan Applications) prior to being issued to borrowers.
- Serve as a secondary liaison between Lafayette Federal and the Post-Closing Quality Assurance Vendor.
- Work collaboratively with department heads on the implementation and tracking of policies, processes, and the compliance of regulations
- Understands investigate, and escalate deficiencies in loan quality through the mortgage process.
- Provide month-end and quarterly reports to management, which outline trends in the department's quality and areas of improvement.
- Monitor the influx of mortgage applications through the disclosure process and ensures regulatory and policy timeframes are met
- Provide direct feedback to employees to aid in the refinement of existing quality, skills, and the development of new skills
- Maintain lending compliance including but not limited to: early disclosures and customer information procedures.
- Provide assistance for investor sales, transfers, post-closing reviews, and fundings.
- Attend mortgage quality and compliance-related training sessions.
- Be responsible for understanding and complying in an accurate and timely basis with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering/OFAC requirements that pertain to your position at LFCU and as directed by management and/or the SVP of Risk Management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Mortgage Lending and/or the SVP of Mortgage Lending.
- Have knowledge of lending compliance requirements, general knowledge of conventional, and government loans available to the consumer.
- Demonstrate the ability to conduct a detailed review of a loan file
- Five years of mortgage banking experience, preferably at a regulated financial institution.
- One year of experience in a quality assurance related role.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- A two year college degree or above preferred.
- Knowledge of the Mortgage Industry's primary and secondary markets preferred.
- Calyx experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and other applications.