Join Our Community of Food People!
The primary function of this position is to schedule and sequence routes in a timely, accurate and efficient manner using computerized programs.This role is Blended. The work is a combination of onsite and remote as defined by the role segmentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Utilizing specified software, route trucks by matching customer orders to appropriate loads assigned to trucks.
- Utilizing specified software, balance loads per trailer by size and weight of product and pallets to be loaded.
- Build cost effective routes while maintaining customer needs.
- Work closely with Sales and Warehouse Departments to determine delivery feasibility.
- Prepare various reports on a daily basis, i.e. route changes request, sequence change requests, new customer request, etc.
- Maintains routing software system parameters (RoadNet and Mainframe)
Internal: Transportation Supervisor and/or Transportation Manager; Sales and Warehouse Dept. associates; Delivery Drivers, Dispatchers, and department clerks.
Education/Training: High School Diploma/GED preferred;
Related Experience: A minimum of 2 years in related environment
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English as it relates to the job and to the safety regulations.
- Must have computer skills - data entry, general report generation, spreadsheet design, data manipulation, mainframe downloads.
- Basic math skills (add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Possess ability to resolve a variety of issues of fairly non-routine nature with some independence.
- Ability to work scheduled hours and any required overtime.