Orbia Advance Corporation is a Purpose-led company with big aspirations. We are out to advance life around the world while maximizing value to our shareholders, customers and employees. The Company is passionate about the topics that define how people will live and thrive tomorrow: the future of cities, buildings, agriculture, and materials. Orbia Advance Corporation has five business groups which offer innovative solutions across multiple industries including building and infrastructure, data communications, chemicals and more. In 2018, Orbia Advance Corporation bought a majority stake in Israeli-based Netafim, the world's leader in drip irrigation, and is helping the world 'grow more with less' as it helps to solve food and water scarcity. Orbia Advance Corporation has operations in 41 countries with more than 22,000 employees.
We started as a producer of commodities and have evolved to become a provider of innovative solutions that address the global issues of rapid urbanization, water and food scarcity, and a growing and aging population. We're already a global leader in Polymers, Fluor, Building & Infrastructure, Datacom, and Precision Irrigation. We have embarked on a CEO-led transformation, as part of our journey to become a truly purpose-led, future fit company.Company:
OrbiaPosition Title :
Global Manufacturing Cost Manager Reports to:
Sr. Director of Corporate FP&ALocation:
Remote USA Based (preferred locations: Knoxville / Boston / Houston)Area/ Department:
: Global, coordination with all business group finance teams and manufacturing controllersMAIN PURPOSE
Responsible for leading and implementing Orbia's company-wide manufacturing cost reporting processes, documenting and advising on standard costing practices, preparing COGS analysis and advising on related policies. Collaborate with Orbia's manufacturing cost controllers and prepare analysis/reporting for presenting critical insights to senior leadership regarding operating cost performance, improvement opportunities, and strategy. Hands-on management approach is critical to success in this role.DIMENSIONS OF JOB
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Define and support implementation of global Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) reporting process including global chart of accounts and cost & profit center structure for Orbia's financial consolidation and planning systems.
- Document and advise on standard costing methodologies across the company
- Lead implementation and compliance of company's consolidated manufacturing cost analysis and management reporting
- Support Business Group manufacturing cost controllers to coordinate annual budget/target setting process, monthly forecasting and on-going data analytics and reporting -
- Assist Manager of FP&A team in consolidation of annual operating budget, KPIs and monthly forecasts
- Coordinate with Business Group teams to develop cost of goods sold (COGS) KPIs to drive overall operating performance and business insights
- Conduct variance analysis and other projects to identify opportunities for cost savings across global operations
- Participate in monthly financial and operating reviews to identify opportunities for process improvements and cost savings
- Assist in review of capex investments projects, capex management process, and post-mortem analysis
• Working knowledge of manufacturing costing methods and ERP systems (SAP)
• Working knowledge of financial reporting methods (IFRS, GAAP)
• Knowledge of financial and KPI metrics (ROIC, contribution margin, working capital, etc.)
• Strong business acumen in area of management reporting
• Bachelor's degree in business/finance/accounting or related field
• MBA or CPA (preferred)
• Manufacturing Cost Controller experience - minimum 2 years
• Finance Manager or Related Management Experience - minimum 3 years
• Preferably with multi-national/global, manufacturing companies COMPLEXITY OF THE ROLE
- The position is a hands-on role and coordinates all aspects of manufacturing cost controlling and analysis across Orbia.
- Leads the development of proposals related to manufacturing cost processes to Sr. Director of FP&A, VP of Corporate Finance and Orbia CFO.
- This position is a key member of the financial team in conducting analysis, identifying opportunities, and in assisting finance leadership in driving value creation across the company.
- This position also plays a critical role in coordinating with all business group CFOs and their local finance teams to harmonize manufacturing cost reporting and to drive data-driven decision-making.
- This role also supports executive management and Board of Directors through support of annual budget, quarterly earnings reports, and ad hoc presentations/analysis.
- The Global Manufacturing Cost Manager also supports the capex management process, in particular the review and analysis of capex proposals, and development of post-mortem analysis.
Our Global brands: Dura-Line, Koura Global, Vestolit, Netafim, Alphagary, Wavin.
They offer a broad range of value added solutions and finished products that contribute to customers' success and ultimate improve the quality of life for people around the world. Along its commitment to good citizenship, Orbia Advance Corporation delivers Total Value to customers, employees and investors worldwide, every day.