Ocean Spray is looking to add a Remote Demand Planner to its Demand Planning Team. The Demand Planner manages long and short-term forecasts at the item/brand/category level. The planner will use a variety of data sources including IRI consumption trends, sales promotional data, marketing new product plans, and Blue Yonder statistical models to create a demand signal to drive supply chain and the IBP process. The monthly goal is to deliver an accurate and cross-functionally aligned 24 month rolling demand plan. A key responsibility of the Demand Planner is to develop, document, update and challenge the assumptions supporting the demand plan.How this Role Contributes to the Organization:
The Ideal Candidate Must have:
- Analyze and maintain statistical models from Blue Yonder to optimize initial statistical forecast
- Lead conversations and review around forecast assumption changes (consumption data, promotional plans, marketing investment, etc.)
- Lead collaboration efforts (via conversation and/or presentation) with Sales, Revenue Management, Marketing to gain alignment on forecast
- Review allocations by category to translate topline forecasts into a UPC/warehouse Demand Plan
- Maintain demand plan accuracy at the UPC/warehouse level; assess bias tendencies; identify areas of opportunity and determine root cause for forecast error to institute corrective action
- Evaluate impact of demand variability on the supply chain and proactively communicate risks and opportunities
- Work continually to improve and enhance the forecasting and inventory planning process.
What we are looking for:
- Comfort communicating with all levels of the organization - Lead the IBP demand review meetings and or presentations involving forecasting analytics with the cross functional team
- Analytical Capabilities - Able to perform detailed analysis using various data points including consumption, trends, shipments and forecast accuracy to support forecast decisions
- Prioritization - Ability to work independently, prioritize and make informed decisions with minimal guidance
- Problem Solving - Periodic KPI root causing across demand planning, customer service and inventory management metrics to drive resolution and continuous improvement
- Report Building in Excel with large sets of data using advanced functions such as V-Lookups, pivot tables and array formulas.
Who We Are:
- BA/BS in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management or Business-related field
- 2-3 years related experience in demand planning within consumer-packaged goods industry preferred. Relevant experience in other supply chain functions will also be considered.
- Demonstrated quantitative and analytical experience including:
- Experience using Blue Yonder forecasting systems tool preferred but other ERP/Planning software will be considered
- Knowledge and interpretation of consumer data (i.e., Nielsen, IRI, Retail Link, Partners on Line)
- Experience with interacting with various disciplines including Sales, Marketing, Revenue Management, Logistics, Customer Operations and Supply Chain
- Experience with S&OP processes and related industry best practices that drive supply chain efficiencies
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective business communication skills at all levels including the ability to influence, challenge, resolve conflict and drive consensus using qualitative and quantitative data
- Detail oriented focus while maintaining a broad business perspective
You might have our iconic cranberry juice in your fridge or have gotten into heated holiday debate about what's better - canned or fresh cranberry sauce. But did you know that the hardworking people growing the superfruit in our products are 700 family farmers that own our cooperative? They entrust us with what is most precious to them to create new and innovative products that will delight consumers and grow this beloved brand today and into the future.
Team members, farmers, consumers and communities alikewe value what makes us unique and strive to connect our farms to families for a better life by living our values:
- Grower Mindset - We embrace our grower-owners innovative spirit and heritage through confidence, learning and focus on the future.
- Sustainable Results - Guided by purpose, we are focused on delivering results for our grower-owners.
- Integrity Above All - We are ethical, doing the right thing for our grower-owners, customers, consumers and each other
- Inclusive Teamwork - We build diverse and inclusive teams that strengthen our cooperative.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.