AML Special Investigations Analyst
AML Office is looking for an AML/CTF investigations analyst to support anti-money laundering and counter-terrorists financing oversight by conducting initial alert investigations based on transactional and behavioral monitoring.
This candidate will work closely with the AML Office's Operational Excellence & SAR Filing department to minimize the threat of others to facilitate money laundering and terrorists financing.
This role will work to achieve and sustain the effective and timely reporting of AML and CTF suspicious activity that minimizes the potential for financial losses, increased legal or compliance expenses, and reputational risk to the organization. The ideal candidate should have AML/CTF transaction monitoring and investigations experience, as well as AML narrative writing acumen.
This role is 100% remote - working with a team based in California.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Reviews and investigates AML/CTF alerts, prepares investigation reports for potential SAR filings.
• Serve as escalation point within the AML Office for potential AML/CTF alerts to provide guidance on the nature of alerts and actions required, and partners in, or assumes, the investigation based on complexity and risks.
• Provides feedback on thresholds for the production of transaction reports that enable detection of unusual activity, and coordinates with The AML Office on testing subsequent modifications needed to help ensure effectiveness of transaction monitoring reports.
• Assists in conducting due diligence on high risk customers as provided by AML/CTF policy and procedures.
• Experience in AML/CTF transaction alert triage and investigations, including ongoing assessment of alerts and investigation results.
• Ability to gain an understanding of corporate and specific policies/control environment, as well as key processes, practices and routines that impact compliance requirements and risk mitigation through transactional and behavioral monitoring.
• Team player with demonstrable ability in providing feedback on AML/CTF rule and procedural effectiveness.
• SAR narrative writing skills
• The achievement or significant work towards a BA/BS in financial services, risk management, criminal justice or related fields preferred.
• ACAMS certification preferred.
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Anti-Terrorists Financing and Anti-Money Laundering monitoring and detection in a global environment both consumer and business, services and products.
• Minimum 1-year experience with AML, CTF, fraud, intelligence and similar monitoring systems.
• Strong analytical skills
• Experience in using multiple technical tools (internal & external) in the course of investigations
• Experience operating in a fast pace, rapid change environment
Skills and Experience:
AML, MITIGATION, OPERATIONS, SAR, TEAM PLAYER
Additional Skills: WRITING SKILL, DUE DILIGENCE, FILINGS, FINANCIAL SERVICES, RISK MANAGEMENT, TRADING