You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us.
We are looking for an experienced Supplier Quality Professional to implement tools and processes to ensure suppliers are prepared and have robust plans to meet product quality requirements for BAE Systems program customers. The person will investigate, evaluate, and resolve supplier quality problems by conducting audits, analyzing defect trends, and leading continuous improvement projects. The Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer will conduct capability assessments that verify supplier qualifications, travel to assigned suppliers, and lead multiple projects to completion. You must be a self-starting problem solver who will utilize your analytical skills to find innovative solutions to quality-related issues. Strong communication skills are required to ensure suppliers understand requirements, expectations; make progress reports and present findings. This position requires an independent, self-motivated and self-directed professional to address all regional Supplier Quality needs.The candidate will reside in the Harrisburg, PA area and work remotely.
Expected Travel requirement: Approximately 50%. This will be a mix of local day visits, along with some overnight travel outside the local area.
The ideal candidate will:
- Utilize supplier Scorecards/metrics and analytical tools to quantify performance levels of individual suppliers and work with those suppliers to develop improvement plans to achieve quality performance goals.
- Evaluate the impact of non-conforming product and assess suppliers' corrective action robustness in order to ensure strong and permanent countermeasures.
- Champion problem solving and Root Cause analysis activities with suppliers to eliminate recurrence of non-conformances and drive "Zero Defect" mentality within the supply base.
- Perform Source Inspection of product at supplier locations.
- Perform and Evaluate First Article Inspections per the requirements of AS9102 as well as train suppliers to meet BAE System's expectations.
Please note that pursuant to a Government contract, this position requires US citizenship status.Required Education, Experience, & Skills
• BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology plus 4 yrs relevant experience or 10 yrs relevant experience in lieu of college degree
• Experience in a Supplier Quality Engineering role
• Experience in Aerospace or a Defense Electronics Contract environment
• Working knowledge of AS9100 Quality System and AS9102B First Article Requirements, with significant AS9102 First Article experience
• Experience with electrical/mechanical inspections, product test, equipment and instrumentation and Source Inspections
• Effective, practical problem solver using structured problem solving methods and systems, demonstrating root cause and corrective action
• Effective communicator, able to express ideas clearly, directly and objectively
• IPC-A-610 certification
• IPC-A-600 certificationPreferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Active Secret clearance
• Previous experience in the PCB/PWB manufacturing industry
• Experience with special processes, such as thermal processes, welding and brazing, finishes and coatings, nondestructive testing, fabrication, composites and other common processes common in the Aerospace and Defense Industries
• Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt certification
• AS9145 (APQP/PPAP) experience
• Working knowledge of the principles and the purpose of a Quality Management SystemAbout BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.