As a part of the Tenet and Catholic Health Initiatives family, Conifer Health brings 30 years of healthcare industry expertise to clients in more than 135 local regions nationwide. We help our clients strengthen their financial and clinical performance, serve their communities and succeed at the business of healthcare. Conifer Health helps organizations transition from volume to value-based care, enhance the consumer and patient healthcare experience and improve quality, cost and access to healthcare. Are you ready to be part of our solutions? Welcome to the company that gives you the resources and incentives to redefine healthcare services, with a competitive benefits package and leadership to take your career to the next step!JOB SUMMARY
Manages the employees, strategy and direction of a single site business office or several small business offices/ clients supporting a single state. Responsible for the performance, productivity and budget for Conifer's clients.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Analyzes cash and/or aging variances, and provides explanations and work plan to address shortfalls
- Oversees centralized insurance billing and collections, ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures of Conifer Health, regulations of applicable regulatory agencies, and state and federal guidelines.
- Directs the development of tactical plans and operating budgets to achieve strategic goals; monitor progress toward goals throughout the year.
- Analyzes identified problems to determine cause and desired resolution. Takes steps necessary to implement resolution. Solves escalated problems related to his/her areas of assignment, and maintains a working knowledge of functions in these areas.
- Conducts regularly scheduled meetings to communicate issues regarding compliance with established procedures and overall work unit effectiveness.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, and develops assigned Managers, Supervisors.
If direct report positions are listed below, the following responsibilities will be performed in accordance with guidelines, policies and procedures and applicable laws. Supervisory responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Direct Reports (titles) Managers
Indirect Reports (titles) Supervisors, AR StaffQualifications:Conifer requires its candidates, as applicable and as permitted by law, to obtain and provide confirmation of all required vaccinations and screenings prior to the start of employment. This may include, but is not limited to, the COVID-19 vaccination, influenza vaccination, and/or any future required vaccines and screenings.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare A/R, collections, insurance, and appeals
- Advanced understanding of Compliance Guidelines
- Advanced knowledge of healthcare reimbursement methodologies
- Advanced knowledge of the hospital based operations related to the revenue cycle including Health Information Management, Patient Access, Clinical Quality/case Management, Management Information Systems, Accounting and Finance
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Intermediate writing skills
- Ability to provide advanced customer service
- Ability to train, mentor and coach staff
Include minimum education, technical training, and/or experience preferred to perform the job.
- 4 year college degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Health Administration or equivalent experience
- 5-7 years experience managing in multi-facility business office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to work in sitting position, use computer and answer telephone
- Ability to travel
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office Work Environment
- Hospital Work Environment
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Frisco, Texas
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days