ADT has been in the business of helping save lives since 1874. As the #1 smart home security provider in the U.S.,
we help protect and connect families, businesses and larger commercial customer every day. Our continuous innovation, advanced technology and strategic partnerships deliver products and services that help protect life and valuables, whether at home, your business or on the go. And as times change, so do we.
Above all, our mission is clear: we help save lives for a living
. Looking for a career where you can make a real impact? Join our team today and put purpose behind your paycheck. #WeAreADT Check out more about life at ADT
here. Why Choose ADT?
At ADT it's more than a job, it's a noble purpose that defines us. We are the leading provider of electronic security, interactive home and business automation and monitoring services for residences and small businesses in the United States. Every employee, from our executive leadership team to our support centers are united under one noble purpose, we help save lives for a living. We are everyday heroes. You are doing more than earning a paycheck, you're in an important role that makes an impact in the lives of our customers every single day. Join a company of individuals with passion, commitment, drive and ambition, using and developing our talents for good at work, home and our communities.
We have exceptional career opportunities for Commercial Alarm Monitoring AgentsMajor Responsibilities
A Commercial Alarm Monitoring Agent
is responsible for monitoring and dispatching proper authorities for commercial business alarms as well as contacting appropriate responsible parties. This role is a pivotal part of our noble purpose to help save lives and is the first step in helping protect our customers when an alarm signal is received.
A day in the life of a Commercial Alarm Monitoring Agent can look like:
Requirements to Train and Work Remotely:
- Handling incoming alarm calls and placing outgoing calls to verify alarm activity, dispatching the proper authorities, and notifying responsible parties.
- Paying attention to detail while documenting alarm handling procedures within the alarm screens.
- Completing alarm processing in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Providing alarm reset instructions and basic troubleshooting to customers during outbound alarm calls and inbound alarm call backs.
- Receiving inbound calls related to alarm call back inquires.
- Monitoring & responding to alarm signals sent by life-safety system and services and updating customer accounts
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting devices across ADT systems.
- Helping customers understand the ADT noble purpose and providing customer lifestyle solutions.
- Coaching, team meetings or 1:1 development time to grow and develop your career at ADT.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- At least 25 mbps download and at least 15 mbps upload broadband internet connection with the ability to hardwire via ethernet from cable modem to PC/laptop (Company will provide all necessary equipment and the new hire will provide internet connection & quiet place to train/work at home)
- Full benefits on the 1st of the month after 31 days of employment:
- Casual, yet energetic and engaging work environments
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k) with employer matching
- Paid vacation time (We all need to recharge)
- Tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonuses
- Potential opportunities to work from home based on business needs
- A culture of coaching, development and career growth opportunities
We're looking for someone with results they are proud of like:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Some college credits; degree preferred
- Minimum of one (1) year of customer service experience required
- Technical aptitude, problem solving skills
Equal Employment Opportunity:ADT is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. ADT strives to ensure every employee and applicant feels valued. Visit us at jobs.adt.com/diversity to learn more.