Project Control Analyst- Hybrid RemoteDescriptionAkima Systems Engineering (ASE) supports the Intelligence, DoD, and Science and Research communities with tools, domain knowledge, analyst teams and essential mission staffing services. We continually seek people with the skills, experience and passion to successfully leverage the complete intelligence lifecycle across America's most critical initiatives. As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), 100% of our company's profits go back to our more than 14,000 Iupiat shareholders that have resided near and above the Arctic Circle for more than 10,000 years. Our business helps support their way of life and contributes to the survival of a culture that has thrived in a challenging environment.
Please note: This position can be based as a partially remote position for candidates within commuting distance of our office in Summerville, SC OR Suffolk, VA.Job Description.:
The ASE Project Controls Analyst will be a key member of the Akima, LLC subsidiary responsible for setting up, maintaining and analyzing all projects performed in the organization. This individual will serve as the primary Point of Contact (POC) in all aspects of Project Control (including project setup, purchase requisitions, monthly accrual calculations, vendor invoice approvals, cost/variance analysis, EAC development, project reporting, customer invoicing support, communications to project managers and customers, etc.). Responsibilities also include ensuring all monthly and quarterly deadlines are met (accruals, revenue adjustments, EACs, unbilled analysis, at risk approval submissions), assisting the subsidiary's President and Project Managers with monthly reviews and communication of project-level financial data (e.g., Cost/schedule variances, EACs, cash flow status) to Executive Management customers. This individual will also work with the group finance representatives to assist with annual budgeting and forecasting.Minimum Qualifications:
- Years of experience: 5 years of Project Controls experience working for a Federal Government Contractor
- Solid understanding of Deltek CostPoint projects module
- Specific skill sets:
- Solid understanding of all government contract types and related contract terms and conditions
- Understanding of FAR/DCAA/CAS compliance requirements
- Costpoint Project Setup proficiency (includes set up of the WBS, revenue, billing, ceilings, funding, PLCs, etc.)
- Costpoint Purchase requisitions
- Proposal pricing assistance / proposal reviews
- Accrual calculations / methodology
- Costpoint reporting
- Cognos reporting
- EAC development and maintenance
- Customer billing compliance
- Knowledge of revenue recognition rules and regulations
- Varinace analysis ( cost and indirect rates)
- Unbilled analysis
- Specific equipment and applications experience required: Understanding of Costpoint project setup, Costpoint reporting, Microsoft Excel, SharePoint
- Must have excellent communication andorganizational skills and be able to work independently
- Consistent with Presidential Executive Order 14042, you must be able to meet all health requirements, including but not limited to, current and future vaccination requirements for infectious diseases such as COVID-19. The Executive Order generally requires that federal workers and federal contractor employees be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description generally cover the nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. This is not intended to be a complete list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Subject to the terms of an applicable collective bargaining agreement, the company management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as may be necessary. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender or gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
We are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you have a physical and/or mental disability and are interested in applying for employment and need special accommodations to use our website to apply for a position please contact, Recruiting Services at or . Reasonable accommodation requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
The dedicated email and telephonic options above are reserved only for individuals with disabilities needing accessibility assistance to apply to an open position using our website.
Please do not use the dedicated email or phone number above to inquire on the status of your job application.
In order for our company to stay compliant with government regulations, please apply on line. Please DO NOT email resumes or call in lieu of applying online unless you have a physical and/or mental disability and need assistance with the online application.Job:
Finance & AccountingPrimary Location:
Day JobReq ID: