ezCater is the world's largest online marketplace for catering - a $60+ billion market just in the U.S. Businesspeople use us to find and order great food for meetings and events; restaurants and caterers use us to grow their catering business. We're backed by world-class investors including Insight Partners, Iconiq Capital, and others, and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. COVID slammed us, but we responded by finding new customer segments and seizing the rare opportunity COVID offered: when in life does a very successful operation get a do-over? Come help us power Food For Work even better than we did it the first time.
We're looking for a scrappy, hands-on, and passionate team player to help bring our newest and most exciting strategic & operational initiatives to life. In this role, you will work closely with our Product, Sales, Marketing, and Operations teams to build optimal playbooks for our newest initiatives while thinking about speed, quality, and restaurant partner experience. You'll serve as our internal expert in how our restaurant partners engage with these new initiatives, and build relationships with hundreds of restaurant partners to evaluate their potential, train, and oversee the implementation of new programs. This is a rare opportunity for a candidate who is excited about joining a scrappy team and building from the ground up. You will:
- Build. You'll build operational blueprints and help launch our newest strategic initiatives. This means everything from the tiniest operational details to high-level strategy.
- Implement. You'll run pilots with our restaurant partners, define success metrics, create new internal processes, and work side-by-side with our Product, Sales, Operations, Support, and Engineering to build new tools and features.
- Collaborate. You'll work with a cross-functional team, including Product, Design, Operations, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance, to help build out these new initiatives for ezCater.
- Influence. You'll act as the voice of our restaurant partners to ensure our processes and tools continue to improve the quality of their experience.
- Engage. You'll identify our optimal restaurant supply to test our new initiatives and will sell the value proposition to them.
- Wear a ton of hats. You're equally comfortable in the weeds and at 10,000 feet. You have a "no task is too small" mentality.
- A born problem solver. Inventing new ways to approach problems excites you. "Get to the root cause" is a phrase you use often.
- Well-Versed in Restaurant Operations. You've ideally had at least 2-4 years of experience at a technology company solving complex customer or partner-facing problems.
- Analytical. You're comfortable using complex data sets to inform your decisions.
- An operations wizard. You have a proven track record of building and implementing successful operational solutions to complex business problems.
- A natural communicator. You have experience thoughtfully explaining unique concepts to diverse audiences and know how to keep everyone on the same page.
- Insanely Curious. You're biased towards action. You love working as a "generalist" on complex problems.
Starting Salary Range: $84,000 - $120,000
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.What you'll get from us:
You'll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. You'll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life - of any age - who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and you'll get all this: Market salary, stock options that you'll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) once we get back to our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.
For information on how ezCater collects and uses job applicants' personal information, visit our