Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.Job Requisition #:
019295 Regional Quality Manager - Remote/US-West Region (Open)Job Description:Key Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Studies business unit processes and operations, develops, implements, and monitors quality and efficiency improvements.
- Tracks progress towards efficiency or quality goals. Leads the implementation and continuous improvement of the production system within the business environment.
- Conducts organizational root cause analysis to determine inefficiencies or risk weakness.
- Collaborates and advises leadership to identify and select processes or projects for inclusion of the continuous improvement and quality/safety related strategy initiatives.
- Reviews key performance indicators, evaluates current state, proposes future state goals and objectives, and assists in implementation.
- Shares best practices with teams and is comfortable leading Kaizen events. May assist with training colleagues in lean manufacturing techniques.
- Guides business unit functions to improve operational metrics and plant P&L.
- Tracks and reports plant Operational Excellence project progress; drives project implementation to completion.
- Performs periodic testing and documents results for certification and compliance purposes. Works with suppliers and customers to ensure all required regulations are met, coordinates audits, and provides certification documents.
- Coordinates activities with other departments and outside functions. Interfaces with sourcing and supply chain function on supplier certifications and raw material purchases.
- May be required to monitor adherence to established safety standards. Recommends and implements changes as needed. Ensures compliance in the safe handling of hazardous materials and waste.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically possesses a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 4-8 years of relevant experience.
- Possesses in-depth experience with quality assurance/control and lean techniques in a production/manufacturing setting.
- Ability to work with testing equipment and maintain accurate documentation/records.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Possesses excellent project management skills.
- Experience training, coaching, and mentoring others in problem-solving methodologies.
- Proven ability to create and execute professional presentation using facts and data.
- Prior knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations, and ISO 9000 standards is a plus.
- Lean, Six Sigma, Quality, or other related certification is a plus.
- Travel may be required.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.