Investment Management - Investment Operations
Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU) has operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.Description of Role and Candidate Opportunities:
PGIM Plan Accounting Investment Operations is an integral component in the support of PGIM and Group Insurance businesses and their clients' investments in separate accounts and trust vehicles. The Investment Operations Associate position provides an opportunity for cultivation of leadership skills. Talent is treated as a strategic differentiator and Plan Accounting is committed to attracting, engaging, developing, retaining, and actively managing a diverse and high-quality talent pool for the organization. Positions in Plan Accounting provide the opportunity to gain broad business knowledge by way of consistent exposure to a wide network of business partners. These include corporate and business functions such as Finance, Operations and Systems, Risk Management, Compliance, Audit, Product Development, Client Relationship Management and Actuarial Services as well as external banks and financial companies. Under the guidance of their supervisors, Associates are empowered to immediately contribute in a meaningful way, add significant value to organization initiatives and effect change.
The Senior Investment Operations Associate is responsible for, but not limited to, the following functions:
Candidates We Are Looking For:
- Supporting, monitoring and calculating unit values for the investments we support
- Review of client level commingled asset and investment reports, 5500/Schedule C and regulatory reporting
- Calculation, invoicing, and collection of fees related to Investment management services and administration
- Transaction approvals including client transfers, contributions, withdrawals, NSCC trading and bank account monitoring
- ORACLE accounting entries and ledger revenue reconciliations
- Asset Manager relationship management and cashflow forecasting
- Support of new fund development, set ups and closings
- Bank Oversight and Related Reconciliation/Reporting Functions
- Portfolio and Client level transition events (ie. securities in-kind transfers, manager replacements, etc)
- External and Internal audit review and support; Client service support
- Participate and lead in various analysis and special projects
- Training and Issue Resolution
The ideal candidate is motivated, displays initiative, enjoys a challenge and is passionate about forging a meaningful career at Prudential.Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting or Business related preferred
- 1 - 3 years of investment operations, financial reporting, or accounting experience
- Deep understanding of various investment security types
- Ability to understand and analyze basic accounting principles and financial statements
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables in a deadline oriented environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to deal with associates at all levels within the organization
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call , prompt 4 or email .
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email to request assistance.