Engineering knowledge to designs and assists with the development of major engineering projects.-Hybrid Remote Options!
- Mechanical Design: Responsible for creating mechanical designs within the constraints determined by the given project, time, cost, performance.
- Project Supervision oversees the completion of an engineering project with general supervision. These responsibilities include the following:
- Estimating engineering hours required for a project.
- Mechanical design.
- Coordinates electrical design and PLC programming with Electrical Engineer.
- Machine documentation, including bill of materials.
- Project checking.
- Manufacturing assembly support.
- Project reporting and documentation.
- Checking: Engineer is responsible for inspecting and approving all work that is completed for a given project, also responsible for ensuring that any of his or her own work is inspected and approved by a qualified Engineer.
- Documentation: Responsible for the proper documentation of his or her work. Documentation includes ECRs, machine manuals, check list, and others.
- Scheduling & Reporting: Responsible for reporting the status of his or her project in accordance with the engineering production schedule at every weekly meeting. If a problem occurs that requires immediate attention, it is the engineers responsibility to report to the department manager at that time.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each principal duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, experience, skill, and ability required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and 4 to 5 years of related experience.
- Sound understanding of mechanical design, drawing practices, geometric tolerances, and dimensioning in regards to machine tool design.
- Previous job experience with machine tool equipment, electrical, hydraulic, mechanical design.
- Software knowledge; Excel, Solid model experience, and Microsoft Windows.
- Flexible, able to react to change.
- Sound communication skills, verbal, written and the ability to listen effectively.
- Good organization skills.
- Ability to know when to seek guidance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the principal duties of this position:
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. to perform the functions of this position.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the principal duties of this position:
- The environment in this position is that of a typical manufacturing facility.
MPI is headquartered in Poughkeepsie, NY, and is proud to be able to stamp all of their equipment with the Proudly Made in America moniker. Within its impressive facility, there exists a fully functioning laboratory, showroom and production facility to demonstrate our state-of-the-art wax room equipment. We also boast a full training center to provide ongoing training classes for process engineers, machine operators and maintenance staff, available to our entire global customer base. MPI also offers impressive pattern injection and pattern assembly capabilities. Pattern production is mutually beneficial because it gives the customer a chance to reap the benefits of the process without the initial commitment to purchase. It also allows MPI to clearly see opportunities for enhanced equipment design.