HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
Contracts & Pricing Senior Manager, Oncology (US Remote)Live
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! In this vital role you will be responsible for informing the contracting strategy for Amgen's oncology portfolio. The Contracts and Pricing Sr. Manager will be a critical business partner essential for increasing the value and access of Amgens portfolio. In this capacity will work directly with Brand and Market Access to assess opportunities for provider contracting, recommend contract terms and rates, handle term sheet approvals and creation alongside SPC, and present terms and approved materials to customers.
The role offers:
- Decision making autonomy
- Direct customer presentation and negotiation experience
- Broad cross-functional exposure throughout Value & Access and Oncology brand teams
- Partnership with brand leadership on brand strategy and implementation
- Frequent leadership presentations
- Exposure to LEDR, forecast, QBR, etc.
- Work with a cross functional team to lead the development and pull through of multiple contracts with key customers including hospitals, clinics, GPOs, and managed care organizations
- Conduct appropriate analyses and develop pricing and contracting recommendations that are aligned with the brand plan and competitive market dynamics
- Development of sophisticated analytical models to evaluate various contracting strategies and recommendations
- Opportunity to shape the oncology marketplace in the U.S.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The strategic professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of pricing, finance, consulting, analytics, and/or sales operations experience
Masters degree and 4 years of pricing, finance, consulting, analytics, and/or sales operations experience
Bachelors degree and 6 years of pricing, finance, consulting, analytics, and/or sales operations experience
Associates degree and 10 years of pricing, finance, consulting, analytics, and/or sales operations experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of pricing, finance, consulting, analytics, and/or sales operations experience
- 6+ years of experience solving complex business problems and running analytics projects
- Experience in pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Critical thinking and successful implementation of initiatives within a pricing, business development, market research or other analytic business support function within the Biotech or Pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and leadership experience
- Excellent project management skills and capacity to lead multiple projects
- Ability to work with clients within Corporate Pricing, the Amgen Sales Force, Amgen Business Units, Legal, and Finance
- Effective communicator and demonstrate success in a matrix environment both as a leader and member of cross-functional teams
- Good judgment and initiative in handling business issues of significance to Corporate Pricing
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varying priorities
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.