Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Data Scientist Lead for either our San Antonio Home Office, Plano Campus, Phoenix Campus, Charlotte Campus, Colorado Springs Campus, Tampa Campus, or person may also work remotely in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
This role will have a heavy focus on developing and advancing the Bank's computer vision capabilities by delivering computer vision solutions to meet critical business needs and by serving as subject matter expert to develop the skills of other data scientist.
Data Scientist Lead uses advanced techniques that integrate traditional and non-traditional datasets to enable analytical solutions. Applies predictive analytics, machine learning, simulation, and optimization techniques to generate management insights and enable customer-facing applications; Builds analytical solutions leveraging internal and external applications to deliver value and create competitive advantage; Leads initiatives and influences system architecture to enable automated intelligent solutions. Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to senior management to enable business decisions; Maintains relationships with academic and industry thought leaders to ensure enterprise has access to cutting-edge thinking and technologies.Job Requirements
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds) Primary Responsibilities:
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Partners with business leaders across the organization to assess business needs, define business problems and develop a research agenda; leads cross functional, matrixed teams to solve highly complex work critical to the organization.
- Designs and builds large and complex information sets; Integrates and extracts relevant information from large amounts of both structured and unstructured data (internal and external) to enable analytical solutions.
- Leads and conducts advanced analytics leveraging predictive modeling, machine learning, simulation, optimization and other techniques to deliver insights or develop analytical solutions to achieve business objectives.
- Leads efforts to develop scalable, efficient, automated solutions for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation.
- Works with IT to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for large-scale implementation.
- Builds and maintains a robust library of reusable algorithms and supporting code, such that research efforts are based on the highest quality data, are transparently conducted, and can be productionized and are reproducible.
- Provides guidance regarding analytical approach and iteration of algorithms to team members.
- Translates complex analytical and technical concepts to senior management and non-technical employees to enable understanding and drive informed business decisions.
- Develops and maintains academic and industry relationships for the purposes of research; interacts with internal and external peers and management to maintain expertise and awareness of cutting-edge techniques, technologies and potential business solutions.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses. Minimum Requirements:
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Quantitative Economics, Statistics, or related field OR 6 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years in predictive modeling, large data analysis and computer science.
- Experience in stochastic modeling, machine learning, and other advanced mathematical techniques (e.g., neural nets, simulation, graph analysis).
- Expert in at least one compiled language (e.g., Java, C or more or more) and one dynamic scripting language (Python, PERL, Ruby).
- A strong track record of communicating results, insights, and technical solutions to Senior Executive Management (or equivalent).
- Extensive background in data mining and statistical analysis.
- Excellent pattern recognition and predictive modeling skills.
- Knowledge and application of Data Science principals and experience with data science methodologies.
- Experience with the following statistical and predictive modeling approaches: Gaussian Process; Markov Models; Hierarchical Clustering; K-Means; Linear Regression; Logistic Regression; Monte Carlo Simulation; Neural Networks.
- Extensive technical skills, consulting experience, and business savvy to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customers' organization.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas with team members and/or business leaders to convey and present very technical information to an audience that may have little or no understanding of technical concepts in data science.
- Expert in Computer Vision
- Experience in building advanced analytics for a Bank product, preferably Mortgage Banking.
- Expert in Natural Language Processing.
- Excellent communication and storytelling skills.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job. Compensation:
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $135,200 - $243,500
*(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location).
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors. *Geographical Differential:
Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average. Shift premium:
will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours. Benefits:
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details. USAA Total Rewards Relocation
assistance is not available
for this position. #FSB