Req ID: R
The position is described below. If you want to apply, click the Apply button at the top or bottom of this page. You'll be required to create an account or sign in to an existing one.
If you have a disability and need assistance with the application, you can request a reasonable accommodation. Send an email toAccessibilityor call (accommodation requests only; other inquiries won't receive a response).
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Truist Mortgage Correspondent Underwriters are remote throughout the continental United States.
Underwriter is responsible for underwriting residential mortgage loans to ensure compliance with bank, investor and secondary market standards. Communicate with teammates and external clients. Meet performance standards and goals established by the bank. Approve acceptable loans lending authority up to $2 million.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Perform detailed underwriting analysis of all Truist Financial Correspondent loan products including calculating all income type, calculating complex financial analysis, analyzing title reports and lien information, reviewing all financial statements, appraisals for product eligibility requirements, and reviewing any additional documentation prior to approval and clear to close.
2. Ensure that all loan files are documented to meet portfolio and investor guidelines to ensure marketability and maintain quality standards.
3. Possess a strong understanding of multiple Correspondent Lending products, policies, processes, and their required documentation.
4. Adequately condition loans to meet Correspondent Lending products, policies, processes, and their required documentation.
5. Extensive communication with clients required which may include training opportunities to improve loan submission quality.
6. Adhere to all compliance regulations and controls.
7. Conduct proactive and effective pipeline management to ensure that metrics are met.
8. Function as Subject Matter Expert for fulfillment projects and initiatives.
9. Expectation of 2 files underwritten per day.
10. Assist in the training of less experienced underwriters and supporting sales team.
11. Develop and maintain positive working relationship with teammates, external clients, and business partners.
12. Cultivate relationships with peers as a peer mentor.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor's degree in Business or related field, or equivalent education and related training.
2. 4+ years of mortgage loan underwriting experience.
3. Excellent Communication skills, both written and verbal, in relating to teammates and external clients.
4. Demonstrate proficiency in basic computer applications, such as mortgage automated processing systems and Microsoft Office software products.
1. Basic knowledge of bank services and products.
2. Direct endorsement
3. FHA/VA/Bond Experience.
4. Jumbo, Wealth and Construction experience.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
Sitting Constantly (More than 50% of the time)
Visual / Audio / Speaking
Able to access and interpret client information received from the computer and able to hear and speak with individuals in person and on the phone.
Manual Dexterity / Keyboarding
Able to work standard office equipment, including PC keyboard and mouse, copy/fax machines, and printers.
Able to work all hours scheduled, including overtime as directed by manager/supervisor and required by business need.
Travel Minimal and up to 10%
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
© 2017 SunTrust Banks, Inc. All rights reserved.
SunTrust is federally registered service marks of SunTrust Banks, Inc.