Remote Account Manager
Covetrus is a global animal-health technology and services company dedicated to empowering veterinary practice partners to drive improved health and financial outcomes. We're bringing together products, services, and technology into a single platform that connects our customers to the solutions and insights they need to work best. Our passion for the well-being of animals and those who care for them drives us to advance the world of veterinary medicine. Covetrus is headquartered in Portland, Maine, with more than 5,500 employees, serving over 100,000 customers around the globe.
The Remote Account Manager improves the health of our business by having significant sales across all key product categories, manufacturer partners, and the number of accounts doing business with Covetrus across all business lines. This is a remote position but candidate must be located within the territory's geography, preferred location in Virginia, Maryland, or D.C.
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Animal Science, Business Administration or similar field required (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
* 6 months working in a customer focused role, 1-2 years preferred
* One year experience working in a sales environment utilizing suggestion-selling techniques, preferred
COMPETENCIES (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
* Strong presentation abilities are essential.
* Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed goals is a must.
* Must demonstrate an aptitude and desire to sell.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills are required, including the ability to communicate and relate to people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
* Credible persuasive skills are required to initiate and close sales.
* Demonstrated ability to handle day-to-day work challenges confidently; willing and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, and rapid change. Must be resilient in the face of constraints, frustrations, or adversity.
* Ability to learn technical product information easily
* Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills required.
* Computer skills essential - preferably with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Meet or exceed Gross Profit and Sales goals for Core, Agency, Compounding, Commercial Rx Management Platform and other key product areas through calls to current and potential accounts.
* Meet or exceed objectives for other key strategic focuses: Rx Management new enrollments, PiMSs and related Technology solutions, PSI, VMG, etc.
* Successfully launch new products / offerings - achieving company penetration goals.
* Consistently bring the full value of Covetrus to every account to build their trust, respect, and loyalty and earn their business. This includes leveraging all of our products, solutions, expertise and service / support.
* Proactively and successfully bringing in other Covetrus colleagues to help support and grow the account across all aspects of our offerings,
* Value added solutions such as Covetrus Brand Conversion Tool, Business Reviews, OSHA training, etc
* Effectively use available tools and information to provide a unique customer experience on every call/interaction
* Build and utilize total account knowledge and relationships - know and have access to your account better than anyone else
* Effectively position the full spectrum of Covetrus' offering to encompass Supply Chain, Compounding, Rx Management, and Technology Solutions.
* Fully utilize Salesforce (uCRM)
* Capture and maintain Customer contact information as well as account level information
* Conduct Pre-call planning to include call-notes, target lists, credit, etc.
* Enter post-call notes for each account call/interaction to include key opportunities so other Covetrus employees can reference.
Leverage other sales tools: Sherlock, Marketing Resource Center in order to uncover opportunities and position those which are most relevant to each account.
* Onboard and work with Strategic Accounts / PSI as directed to maximize account compliance and stickiness to Covetrus
* Complete Customer On-Boarding checklist as assigned in Salesforce for all new accounts assigned to your territory.
* Lead in helping customers manage and leverage opportunities with all Covetrus offerings and for our manufacturer partners
* Constantly grow your knowledge of veterinary practice business / operations, product lines, and other Covetrus offerings (PiMs, Platform, Compounding, Proprietary Brands - VI, Kruuse)
* Use mentors, online learning from Covetrus and beyond, manufacturer partners
* Strive to always provide the best customer experience possible and be a Covetrus advocate
* Have an Omni-channel engagement cycle that allows consistent account coverage and for you to develop and maintain relationships with all viable accounts in territory - even non-Covetrus accounts.
* Develop Territory Plan with a focus on Covetrus priorities; (e.g., new account acquisition, efficiency of account alignment, full line selling, clinic development and then conduct quarterly business reviews with RM and revise on an ongoing basis.
* Executes first level customer service requests and coordinates with appropriate departments and personnel to ensure customer satisfaction.
* Effective use of pricing / rebate strategies to drive results in gross margin growth (e.g., minimize price lists, optimize margin, and develop programs to acquire / grow / protect business).
* Develop and maintain relationships with all key / focus channel partners including quarterly business reviews, joint calls with clinics, and obtain needed resources / support.
* Maintain key internal relationships with support team - PSI, VMG, Strategic Accounts Team, Compounding, Rx Mgmt Platform & Technology.
* Leads and assists in other projects and performs other duties as assigned.
This full-time position provides:
* Medical, dental, vision, and other insurance options
* 401(k) with company match
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Progressive Flexible Time Off (FTO) and Paid Time Off (PTO) plans
* Paid holidays
* Growth opportunities and more!
Covetrus is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law