Title: Account Manager - Remote
Job ID: 2635
New York, NY, US
Donnelley Financial Solutions (DFIN) is a leader in risk and compliance solutions, providing insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights to clients across the globe. We're here to help you make smarter decisions with insightful technology, industry expertise and data insights at every stage of your business and investment lifecycles. As markets fluctuate, regulations evolve and technology advances, we're there. And through it all, we deliver confidence with the right solutions in moments that matter.
Maintain post-sale contact with customers in order to facilitate a positive and productive long-term relationship. Serve as the primary contact for the assigned customers. Enhance the company's position and reputation by properly servicing and corresponding with all assigned accounts in a dependable and timely manner. Engage in up-sell opportunities on current and future customer projects. Identify and sell Donnelley Financial Solutions capability to existing accounts to expand service offerings. Manage customer inquiries regarding customer orders in process and future orders pending. Provide tactical support to sales and management, providing information regarding customer issues, needs and opportunities. Prepare RFPs and RFQs and put together sales collateral to use to secure new business and up-sell existing accounts. Enhance customer relationship by working closely with customer on the development of targeted solutions and new business opportunities.
Work is typically conducted unsupervised with only direction given in terms of desired outcomes. Able to understand the business strategy and goals to execute key duties and responsibilities to meet goals and objectives. Must be able to re-define processes if needed and provide subject matter expertise when working on assignments that typically are enterprise reaching or have high visibility for the organization.
* Responsible for the account management activities during and after the sale to enable the Sales representatives to focus on selling activities. Respond to customer requests and inquiries regarding current and future work. Resolve issues that may arise during production of customer products. Keep sales team informed of customer project status, progress, issues, enhancements and modifications as required.
* Assist in the implementation and execution of products and services sold. Consult with customers to understand business issues and goals, and works with customer to develop improved solutions to business needs.
* Independently engage customers to solicit up-sell opportunity and partner with Sales as a subject matter expert on sales calls to assist in securing new business opportunity and expand product offerings to customers.
* Develop and prepare sales product presentations for use on up-sell opportunity for the accounts managed and assist Sales with the development of sales collateral for new business opportunities.
* Prepare RFPs and RFQs on the accounts managed in effort to secure new business.
* Maintain accurate, complete, up-to-date customer files, in addition to detailed account history. Prepare sales reports and documentation regarding results, opportunities and challenges in the sales territory. Analyze reports and data to identify revenue and cost containment opportunities and new business opportunities.
* Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends , new products, specifications, competitor strengths and weaknesses and communicates new information to Sales Representatives.
* May be involved in specific customer projects.
* Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
* Able to apply broad work experience and knowledge when analyzing complex problems.
* Must be able consistently identify critical elements, variables and alternatives to develop solutions.
* Must be able to organize/prioritize existing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective solutions.
* Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems.
* Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
* Able to apply excellent functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC, or other technical tools in completing assignments.
* Able to apply expertise in all the tools or applications used to complete work assignments.
* Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
* Requires excellent communication skills with ability to state messages in a clear manner by using language that is easy for others to understand.
* Able to explain programs policies and procedures in language that is understood by others.
* Must be able to modify communication style both formal and informal to match the appropriate level of the audience targeted.
* Requires strong understanding of the impact of a message on the organization or customer.
* Able to write with the clarity and precision necessary for the work being performed.
It is the policy of Donnelley Financial Solutions to select, place and manage all its employees without discrimination based on race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, actual or perceived disability, veteran's status, actual or perceived sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access jobs.dfinsolutions.com as a result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an email to .