What you'll do...
Manager II, Strategic Account Management
The Walmart Marketplace is a curated community of respected, professional sellers who offer only top-quality, authentic products and best-in-class customer services.
The Manager II, Strategic Account Manager role is at the heart of the Marketplace organization. As a Strategic Account Manager, you will be responsible for growing the most critical accounts in Walmart's Marketplace business. You'll partner with senior executives and leaders in these accounts to build their business on the Marketplace through strategic account planning, performance analysis, inventory insights, exclusive deals, events, and new product launches. If being in the front seat of driving a business is exciting, this is the role for you!
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
* You're seller obsessed and relationship driven.
* You're a visionary always looking for ways to distinguish from the competition.
* You thrive in constantly evolving, fast-paced, dynamic environments.
* You're results-oriented with a proven track record of leadership and taking ownership to produce exceptional results.
* You build trust quickly and lead by influence with the ability to translate to varied audiences.
* You believe in and prioritize the collective success of the team and are quick to jump in, help, mentor, and coach your fellow team members.
* You are creative and resilient - always looking for new ways to approach problems and drive business performance.
* You enjoy the learning journey and like working with your manager and partners to continue to add to your tool box.
You'll make an impact by:
* Managing strategic accounts: Serve as a strategic consultant/account manager - accountable for driving business growth across a portfolio of strategic sellers. Develop strategies with sellers to expand selection, improve offer quality and drive operational improvements across their business.
* Overseeing business performance: Lead annual and quarterly business planning and performance tracking for strategic sellers. Conduct deep dive analysis on issues effecting seller business performance and implement corrective actions. Drive performance against P&L levers including gross merchandise value (GMV) and contribution profit.
* Being a trusted advisor: Develop strong and trusting relationships with partners. Serve as the account "quarterback" - working across the organization to solve issues, address pain points and implement growth initiatives. Employ a "one team" approach to accomplish the goals of the business and drive negotiations from a "win-win" perspective that establishes credibility and trust with our partners and delivers consistently improved performance.
* Optimizing offer quality: Work directly with sellers to optimize their listings including PDP content, ratings and reviews, ship speed and price competitiveness to maximize search optimization and discoverability across the platform.
* Driving adoption of seller services: Teach sellers how to be more successful across the Walmart platform and maximize awareness and adoption of seller growth initiatives including Walmart Fulfilment Services (WFS), Walmart Connect, and more.
* Developing strategic marketing plans: Develop seller marketing plans - including events, site placements and promotions - that drive incremental traffic and GMV.
* Working cross-functionally: Collaborate with Product Management, Strategy, Operations, Site and Marketing to deliver best-in-class customer and seller experiences.
* Autonomous Work: Will be responsible for management of the above and action with limited manager oversight.
* 5+ years' experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area. E-Commerce experience preferred.
* Strong organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
* Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
* Detail and results-oriented with sense of urgency.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275 million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field and 2 years' experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel
Merchandising, or a related area. Option 2: 4 years' experience in Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Business Management, Marketing, Omni-Channel Merchandising, or a related area
9600 PARKSOUTH COURT, ORLANDO, FL 32, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity - unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
* Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
* Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
* Associate discounts in-store and online
* Education assistance for Associate and dependents
* Parental Leave
* Pay during military service
* Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
* Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.
Frequently asked questions
* On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
* Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
* How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
* What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
* Internet Explorer 8.0+
* Firefox 4.0+
* Safari 4.0+
* Chrome 12+
See All FAQs
Recently viewed jobs