Job ID: 270661
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a leading global supplier of building and landscaping products. Its product portfolio includes hardscapes and masonry, packaged cement mixes, lawn and garden materials, and composite decking sold through a variety of channels for residential and commercial use. Oldcastle APG is the leading producer of hardscapes in North America and Europe and the innovator behind many of the industry's well-known brands: Belgard hardscapes, Echelon masonry, Sakrete bagged dry mixes, and MoistureShield composite decking. With over 260 operating locations and approximately 8,500 employees, Oldcastle APG operates across 7 countries in the U.S., Canada, and Europe.
The Oldcastle Architectural Products Group (APG) is hiring two (2) Plant Improvement Managers! One for our Big Board Paver Machines and the second for our Concrete Block Machines. These positions are responsible for technically supporting and building capabilities of our North American manufacturing operations by providing equipment expertise to plants for process, productivity, and quality improvement. As well as troubleshoot equipment and train operators to properly operate and maintain equipment.
* Establish close working relationship with manufacturing personnel to ensure safety, quality and productivity requirements are met by providing technical training and technical assistance.
* Identify and direct continuous improvement efforts to improve operational excellence including but not limited to process improvements, cost reduction, preventative maintenance, production efficiencies and capital repairs.
* Provide a communication forum for plant based subject matter experts and provide technical assistance to plant management and engineering staff who will manage non major projects.
* Ensure that the policies, practices and equipment running in plants comply with "Best Practice" by facilitating and being involved in workshops.
* Conduct operational audits as requested by your manager.
Scope and Impact
The Plant Improvement Manager is responsible for the implementation of improvements in manufacturing capabilities, while ensuring the standardization of best practice processes.
It will be important to maintain strong relationships globally. The Plant Improvement Manager will work directly with all levels of operations within a facility to influence adherence to our Best Practices and 5 fundamentals: Safety, Housekeeping, Quality, Productivity and Preventative Maintenance.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience (electrical, electronic or mechanical preferred)
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in manufacturing environment. A detailed knowledge of applicable processes and associated equipment is essential.
* Proven experience leading others to change and improve technical processes.
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Architectural or building products experience desired.
* Travel throughout North America 80-85% (2-5 days a week) (travel restrictions apply during Covid-19)
What CRH Americas Offers You
* Highly competitive base pay
* Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
* Group retirement savings program
* Health and wellness programs
* A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle APG, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date Posted: Nov 26, 2021