Job Description - Senior Systems Admin - REMOTE
The Senior System Administrator - Applications role is to:
• Administer our Middleware Solutions as a member of a team.
• Administer application configuration changes using Ansible and Puppet..
• Administer our Splunk Platform: the candidate will occasionally need to interact with users, operations teams, and Splunk Support. They will access Splunk Technical Support tracks and perform root cause analysis to provide solutions to problems; will assist in the design and implementation of analytic solutions, will create and maintain security, and perform software installations, configurations, monitoring, data migrations, upgrades, and other environmental tasks.
• Administer our Monitoring Solutions Platforms: the candidate will maintain and add monitoring solutions to proactively prevent issues from becoming problems.
Task Skills Required for the Role
• Perl, Python or Shell scripting skills.
• Ansible and puppet experience
• Tomcat or any J2EE compliant middleware experience.
• Review and deploy Application releases according to best practices.
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve software problems on the platform systems.
• Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
• Monitor, test, and tune system performance; preserve and provide system log files as needed.
• Recommend and execute modifications to Linux systems in order to improve efficiency, reliability, and performance.
• Conduct research on Linux-related hardware and software in support system development efforts.
• Remain informed on laws, trends, and issues, including current and emerging technologies and best practices; advise, counsel, and educate executive and management teams on their relative importance.
• Ensure secure user access and role validation processes.
• Develop, document, and maintain Platform training materials and systems documentation for educating end users and new IT staff. - provided by Dice