Winning the race to bring new healthcare products safely to market drives Rapid Micro Biosystems (RMB) to combine today's innovative technologies as never before. Your career at RMB puts you at the center of diverse global teams that span robotics, AI, Machine Learning, imaging, microbiology, and more, re-shaping how urgently needed pharmaceuticals are made, tested, and released for decades to come. The sky's the limit.
Careers at RMB are fast-moving, with the high growth you'd expect from a world leader in microbiology automation. Advancement at RMB affords an opportunity to achieve your personal goals and develop your passions, in an inclusive environment where every employee has the resources and opportunities to hone their skills. You'll do more, learn more, and can make a profound impact on our business.
The Senior Account Executive (East Coast) (SAE) position is a critical role within the organization for driving sales revenue and growth within new and existing accounts. In this role, the successful candidate will be promoting Rapid Micro Biosystems' novel Growth DirectTM (GD), and automated quality control solution (capital equipment) as well as GD consumables and validation services for Pharmaceutical, Biologics, Biotechnical, Medical Device, and Personal Care Products companies within NJ and PA markets. The Director of Regional Sales is responsible for achieving the regional sales goals through a technical, consultative selling process.
The SAE will report to and communicate weekly with the Director of Sales-Americas. They will also be expected to collaborate sales activities extensively with other team members, the validation and service teams, and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop a territory plan to achieve or exceed territory growth per company plan by selling new instruments and consumables to new and existing customers within Eastern US Region.
- Negotiate and close capital equipment (GD) sales (with follow-on services and consumables).
- Grow and manage the sales pipeline, with up to 30+ targeted accounts, while also accurately forecasting customer progress and pending PO's with quarterly success.
- Coordinate with the Support team (Applications, Validation, Services) in the territory to support the pre-sales and post-sales activities.
- Provide technical expertise during the selling process to establish customer interest, adequately qualify customers, facilitate product selection and coordinate post-sale services. This will include customer meetings, technical sales presentations, hands-on workshops, participation in trade shows, presenting at technical conferences, leveraging existing customer relationships, and executing a well-defined sales process.
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers to support their adoption of GD technology through some level of account management in order to gain add on sales at the current customer site and throughout customer network.
- Develop relationships with key opinion leaders within the region and ensure that they are knowledgeable about the technology.
- Must have the ability and skill set to sell to multiple stakeholders (up to 12) with varying interests and objectives inside the QC lab, the manufacturing / Ops environment and also into the executive suite in order to build executive sponsors.
- Travel within the region to visit customer locations, to the demonstration center and to other meetings as needed. Should be available to travel weekly if needed based on business needs.
- Administrative duties include a weekly report of activities, forecasting, updating Salesforce daily with account information, 1:1 calls with leadership, team pipeline calls and weekly expense management.
- Lead/manage relationships to achieve sales goals and long-term product placement.
- Possess or develop clinical/technical knowledge and become a technical expert in our industry. Sell as a consultant, relaying market trends and overcoming complex workflow challenges for customers.
- Be part of a team that shares ideas and works together - inside and across accounts.
- Consistently address requests from customers in a positive and timely manner.
- Communicates effectively, clearly articulates key selling messages/value propositions to all key stakeholders.
- Able to manage complex projects, prioritize competing requests, and accomplish goals.
- Takes full accountability for establishing and meeting deadlines.
- Identify, evaluate and implement opportunities for improvement.
- Understand how your work impacts others, inside and outside the organization.
- Capacity to learn and understand the microbial quality control market, as well as different target segments - Pharma, Medical Device, Biologics, Biotech, Personal Care Products.
- Properly align value propositions to different call points inside the targeted accounts, leading to customer engagement and closing business.
- Understand financial ROI models and disseminate critical information to customer champions to close deals. Position ROI data effectively and at the proper time in the sales cycle with customer champions and procurement teams.
- Outstanding presentation skills and the ability to be compelling with our sales message.
- Self-Awareness, EQ, and IQ with a track record of success in a complex capital sales environment.
- Develop and implement straightforward solutions to complex problems.
- Understands market and client dynamics. Creates winning strategies and tactics to get greater exposure for Growth Direct into the target accounts and through a customer network.
- Work closely with peers who may also be calling on the same customer targets in different geographies.
- Regularly finds the most efficient route to accomplish business objectives in an urgent fashion.
- Diligent and accountable for doing your best work daily in order to positively impact external and internal customers.
Education & Experience Requirement:
- BS/BA degree in science field or experience in life sciences preferred; MBA, MSc or advanced degree also preferred.
- Capital Sales Experience Required.
- Documented success in a highly technical environment is expected.
- Experience using SalesForce or other CRM tools is strongly preferred.
- Ideally, the candidate will reside in NJ, PA, or NY
ABOUT RAPID MICRO BIOSYSTEMS:
Rapid Micro Biosystems creates, sells, validates, and services innovative products for fast, accurate, and efficient detection of microbial contamination in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals, biologics, biotechnology products, medical devices, and personal care products.
The company's Growth Direct™-the first and only growth-based system to automate rapid compendial QC Micro testing-ensures data integrity, compliance, and operational efficiencies driven by rapid methods and automation.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is dedicated to providing groundbreaking technology and products to support companies in their journey to achieve greater reliability, efficiency, and better predictability, ultimately providing higher quality products for improved patient outcomes.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is headquartered in Lowell, Massachusetts, with operations in Lowell and Freising, Germany.
Rapid Micro Biosystems is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. Applicants for employment and employees are reviewed on their individual qualifications for a position. Under no circumstances will Rapid Micro Biosystems discriminate against qualified persons on the basis of race, color, religious creed, retaliation, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, mental illness, genetics, choice of health insurance, marital status, age, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable law.
Please no phone calls or agencies please.