We are Digital Science and we are advancing the research ecosystem.
We are a pioneering technology company, and our vision is of a future where a trusted and collaborative research ecosystem drives progress for all. We believe in better, open, collaborative and inclusive research. In creating the next generation of tools and working in partnership with the community we tackle some of the biggest challenges to research. In order to achieve our vision, we need innovative, inspiring and dynamic people to join our team. Do you want to join us in achieving our vision?Your new role - Account Executive
As part of a global and dynamic team, you will be focused on helping us spread the word about our products within the Americas Academic markets. The Account Executive is a key role with responsibility for effective prospecting, outreach and early sales pipeline growth to support Digital Science products in the Academic market with effort being led by company vision and values. If you are interested in the world of research and how it can help society understand the landscape and the people and organizations involved in it, why not join our team?What You'll Be Doing
What You'll Bring To The Role
- Working with Account Managers, you will help to create new opportunities and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities
- You will help lead coordinated outreach activities and perform online research to support Digital Science Academic Account Managers sales activities
- Assist in the renewal of Digital Science portfolio company products to the academic market (Altmetric, Dimensions, Figshare, Symplectic Elements, Ripeta)
- Work with and support key Digital Science portfolio contacts responsible for engagement and/or execute engagement activities directly
- Work alongside and support Academic Account Managers in a team-selling environment with writing sales proposals, supporting contract workflow, marketing collateral, and other materials as needed
- Educate, nurture and develop leads through inbound or outbound prospecting via phone calls, emails, web research, events and campaigns
- Identify and develop an in-depth understanding of the lead generation process, supporting marketing activities and prospect touch-points
- Develop a strategy for organizing and working incoming leads, to ensure timely qualification and follow up
- Use Salesforce.com to track activity and manage/update account/contact information
- Facilitate marketing campaigns by driving attendance to and attending marketing events (webinars, conference presentations, trade shows) and proactively follow up on all invitations, registrants, attendees and prospects to maximize ROI
- Provide feedback to sales and marketing management regarding lead quality and marketing campaign effectiveness
Our Vision & Values
- Experience working in a commercial role (e.g. sales operations, marketing, business development)
- You will have a familiarity with consultative sales and engagement strategies
- You will be driven to creatively develop sales opportunities through structured execution
- You will thrive in an environment where you can work independently and remotely
- You will be a strong communicator and able to present your findings to a varied audience through written and verbal presentation
- You will be comfortable working in a fast paced, changing environment and utilize this to empower your career with us
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining customer relationships in a collaborative organization
- You will have strong organizational skills and are able to manage multiple tasks and navigate multiple priorities and deadline
- A problem solver, you are able to identify and resolve problems quickly
- Experience utilizing a CRM, such as salesforce
- Experience of Academic outreach and engagement experience within research markets would be advantageous
- A completed Bachelor's degree
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Google Workspace
We invest in, nurture and support innovative businesses and technologies that make all parts of the research process more open, efficient and effective.The Values We Live By Are
The talent we secure is fundamental to us achieving our vision and our growth plans.
- We are brave in the pursuit of better
- We are collaborative and inclusive
- We are always open-minded
- We are from and for the community
We offer remote working for our teams, but due to business needs, will need someone to be based in either the Eastern or Central regions in the USA.
Digital Science requires that employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their first day of employment with the Company. Digital Science will evaluate all requests for accommodation from this policy in keeping with federal, state, and local law.Ready to apply?
If this sounds like you and you would like to develop your career in a business who is shaping the future of the research ecosystem, apply and send your resume to us. We look forward to hearing from you!