As a company constantly redefining the future of the industry, Crystal Lagoons' is in a constant need to take action in order to protect its most valuable asset, Intellectual Property. Keeping that in mind, we are looking to expand our IP team in the US and we are looking for counsel with a focus on IP Litigation.
The candidate will be part of our IP team, focusing on taking care of the day-to-day legal actions needed to be done within the organization in relation to the US market and to lead all efforts made by our external counsel when needed.
This position will be in charge of:
- Manage and strategize the Company's disputes and litigation concerning IP (patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, and others)
- Oversee and coordinate with outside counsel as necessary with respect to intellectual property protection and enforcement matters
- Develop and implement strategies to protect the Company's intellectual property assets (patents, trademarks, copyright, trade secrets, and others), and other related matters.
- Prepare and prosecute new trademark and patent applications in the US and foreign markets; manage trademark renewals, watch notices and oppositions
- Offer assistance on IP-related issues for new products/services and features
- Assisting with drafting, preparing and prosecuting patent applications, assessing patentability and enforceability of the patent invention, conducting patent due diligence (prior-art and others) with other areas and product teams and advising on the Company's patent strategy
Qualification and Experience
- Assist in all phases of a matter from case inception through trial or resolution
- Create, organize and maintain case files, documents, and records
- Litigation management (e.g., researching and compiling document productions in discovery, compiling and updating litigation tracker)
- Support document preservation, collection, review and production procedures (including implementing litigation holds, eDiscovery work, preparing memos, etc.)
- Assist with government, regulatory, and agency complaints and investigations
- Responsible for ensuring timely and accurate submissions of matter-specific status reports, budgets, accruals and invoices by external legal counsel
- Calendar and manage litigation deadlines
- Assist with responses to subpoenas
- Assemble chronologies of key documents
- Support members of the IP and legal team across all practice areas as needed (e.g. legal research, report management, logistical support, special projects)
- 3+ years of IP paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate setting
- 3+ years of experience in IP portfolio and Litigation management, docketing experience, dispute resolution, litigation, prosecution, and enforcement.
- The candidate should have experience in handling complex IP matters including IP litigation, related to patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, among others.
- Should have strong organizational skills, including careful attention to detail and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple assignments and maintain strict deadlines through effective time management.
- Fully Bilingual (English - Spanish)