GeneDx is a patient-centric health information company committed to revolutionizing healthcare and changing lives by unlocking the answers from within. With more than 20 years of expertise in diagnosing rare disorders and diseases, we have pioneered panels, exome and whole genome sequencing and have developed a proprietary genomic interpretation and information services platform in support of healthcare partners and patients globally. We create, follow, and are informed by cutting-edge science and technology. With one of the most sophisticated datasets of genomic information, we are able to identify new disease-causing genes, advancing the field of medicine through the detection, discovery, and diagnosis of genetic diseases.Purpose
We operate with conviction that what is best for our customers (patients, their families and the clinicians, payers and partners who serve them) must be embedded in every aspect of our work. At GeneDx we believe:
- genomic information has broad utility and every person should have access to their genome -- delivered expertly, ethically and responsibly -- to guide health decisions throughout life;
- the transition from hypothesis-based to genome-guided healthcare will improve outcomes for patients and the healthcare system that benefit society as a whole;
- genomics will radically transform therapeutic development, bringing better therapies to patients, faster; and
- patients should control and have the ability to direct the use of their genomic information to benefit both themselves and advance scientific understanding that helps others.
In support of these beliefs, we value:
the right of all to have access to information that can improve their health and are committed to closing gaps in health disparities;
Healthcare is complicated. Genetic information is complex. Our job is to make it as simple as possible to access an answer that improves health outcomes. We value the understanding simplicity creates;
paramount to our success is transparency and accountability for ourselves and our partners to safeguard the confidence and trust of our patients, customers, partners and shareholders.
Through this value system we aim to revolutionize healthcare and change lives by unlocking the answers from within; bringing better health from genomics to patients around the world.More about the role:
Under the directive of the Manager/Director, the Supervisor plans, organizes, schedules, and directs the department in order to effectively utilize employees and systems to meet established Call Center metrics for all business lines, within budgetary constraints, as required, while adhering to quality standards. The Supervisor provides direct on-site analysis of the day to day operation including adjustment of Customer interaction call performance, quality, compliance, and associated documentation to adhere to the applicable regulatory agencies, company policies and procedures. Identify and implement process improvements, coach and mentor employees to improve performance or implement disciplinary actions. Creates and promotes a team environment for Customer Service Representatives that supports and facilitates the delivery of superior customer service to both internal and external clients. This position contributes to the goals and objectives of the business unit through planning and representing the team's needs and interests to other departments. Coaches, counsels and motivates associates (concentrating on associate development) to increase quality and production while helping to achieve positive results. Reviews daily audit results and KPIs to ensure quality and customer service encounters. Provides input and makes recommendations on hiring decisions and completes performance appraisals. Analyzes current policies and operating procedures/conditions (including workflow management, performance management, inventory management, maintaining communications with other areas within the organization), and makes recommendations for implementing modifications that provide the most efficient and optimum client service.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: This position can supervise 15-20 Customer Service Reps, as well as additional clerical staff.
Additional tasks can be assigned at the discretion of the Manager/Director/VP.
Essential on-site and Customer-facing employees must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination; medical or religious exemptions considered.GeneDx is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Minimum 3 years Customer Service experience in a clinical laboratory, healthcare or related company, or call center
- 2 years of prior customer service supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology, technical genetics and GeneDx billing policies and practices.
- This position requires 2-3 years of supervisory experience. Proficiency within the service operational unit is required. Must have some project management experience.
- Must also have strong analytical and problem resolution skills, strong communication/presentation skills, interpersonal/leadership skills, project management skills, and be able to motivate. 3+ years PC skills or related technical skills also required.
- Position may require travel up to 30% to meet with clients/customer, to GeneDx Corporate office for meetings & trainings.
- Valid driver's license required