This is a 100% Remote position. Work Virtually from anywhere within the US.
Office Depot is making a significant investment in its multibillion-dollar digital platform to drive growth in its range of B2B products & services. As a lead software engineer in the digital organization, you will be creating Office Depot's next-generation of technology, leveraging the full-stack of Public Cloud services, building and running micro-services in a containerized / Kubernetes environment. If you love to build and are passionate about creating a truly exceptional customer experience, we are looking for you!
The role of Lead Developer is to design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience. Working as an integral part of an Agile development team, this role will require close and continuous collaboration with the Product Owner, Business Analysts and fellow team members to translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs which will be implemented as production-ready application code using Java and/or Golang. Additionally, this position is responsible for the design and integration of all required Cloud IaaS & PaaS services including compute, database, messaging, object storage etc.
Ideal candidates should have advanced coding skills in Java and/or Golang, preferably with 7-10 years of development experience in one of these or similar language. Candidates should have at least 3 years' experience with at least one public Cloud platform along with 2+ years working with containerized applications (i.e. Kubernetes / Docker etc.)
1. Translate user stories and functional requirements into resilient & secure technical designs
2. Design, build and maintain high quality technology solutions that deliver an exceptional customer experience
3. Ensure application SLAs are met by employing appropriate monitoring and alerting tools as required by each supported application.
4. Guides the development team in overall application technology design activities; leads the identification and definition of key architectures, components and interfaces, design of data model and data/information flows
5. Work with Product Owner to help develop team roadmap, prioritize features and estimate level of effort
6. Focus on professional development through our wide array of learning opportunities for continued growth within the Office Depot team
Education & Experience
Level of Formal Education: Graduate degree preferred
Area of Study: Computer Science or Engineering discipline preferred
Years of Experience: 7-10 years' of relevant experience
Type of Experience: Development
Language Skills: • English
Technical Competencies: • Java EE and/or Golang
• Spring, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Vertx, GraphQL
• Public Cloud IaaS & PaaS services (ie. Compute / Database / Messaging / Object Storage)
• Ability to create unit tests, performance and integration tests (jUnit, jMeter/k6 & Postman/Newman)
• Kubernetes and/or Docker
• NoSQL DB (ie. Couchbase / MongoDB / Elastic)
• RDBMS (ie. MySQL / PostgreSQL / MS SQL Server / Oracle)
• HTTP / WebSocket / gRPC
• Linux/Unix basics
Skills and Ability: • Natural problem solver
• Ability to mentally model complex systems
• Ability to break down complex problems into smaller less complex problems
• API design experience (advanced HTTP, Swagger, both producing and consuming the service endpoints)
(People Soft, etc.)
Personal Attributes: • Team player
• Detail orientated
• Strong communicator
Other/Preferred: • Tomcat, Netty, Jetty, JBoss, Nginx a plus
• Familiarity with any of the following is a plus: Shell scripting, Python, Nodejs, Oauth, JWT, EKS, GKE, AKS
Pay, Benefits & Work Schedule
Office Depot and Office Max offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button.
How To Apply
Click the Apply Now button and follow the instructions on each page. When you have completed the application, click the submit button.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Office Depot and Office Max is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records City & County of San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.