Develops, plans and manages all activities of the COVID-19 contact tracing program at the San Antonio campus of UTHealth School of Public Health. Functions in a Leadership capacity in the program.
Position Key Accountabilities:
- Oversees all aspects of the program activities. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors project progress. Develops, implements, and manages policies and procedures.
- May manage/maintain annual budget, negotiate service contracts, report on progress and/or authorize expenditures.
- Informs upper management of key activities and makes periodic progress reports.
- Works closely with internal departments regarding strategy and collaborative opportunities.
- May assist in the preparation of progress reports and grant proposals to both private foundations and governmental agencies.
- Interacts with representatives from state, federal, and private agencies regarding proposals and funded projects.
- May work in conjunction with Public Affairs, may create and edit various communications materials for the department/program, which may include printed materials, web site content and/or department newsletters.
- Communicates with community and professionals to share objectives and outcomes. Prepares/makes oral presentations at professional meetings.
- May manage Human Resources activities for direct report in regards to: recruiting and selection, hiring and terminating, training and development, performance evaluations, and salary planning.
- Other duties as assigned.
- May require program-specific certifications.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience in lieu of education.
- Five (5) years of applicable experience.
Exerts up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215