*This position is based out of our Westlake, OH office but eligible for a hybrid remote schedule.
The Operations Associate II for the Account Services and Transfers department processes new accounts, incoming and outgoing transfers and file maintenance requests accurately, efficiently and in accordance with documented processes and procedures. Develops and enhances the client experience by providing superior customer service and support to clients by phone and email.
- Processes new client accounts
- Provides status updates to clients regarding new accounts, incoming and outgoing transfers, and file maintenance requests
- Resolves client concerns, performs research and responds accordingly both internally and externally.
- Corresponds with clients to clarify corrections and requests additional information as needed
- Updates client account information to ensure accuracy of client information
- Processes returned mail received and prepares and mails out client documents
- Coordinates the transfer of cash and assets through successor custodians
- Ensures accuracy of information through data verification affording timely processing of transfer requests
- Ensures document maintenance and retention procedures are followed in accordance with company procedures
- Assists other departments as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the retirement and/or financial industries
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a customer driven environment
- Experience with IRS guidelines preferred
- Basic level of proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to type a minimum of 45 WPM preferred
- Basic 10 key skills
In addition to the Core Company competencies of Customer Focus, Collaboration & Teamwork, Integrity & Trust, and Self-Development.
- Attention to detail
- Active listening skills
- Organizational skills
- Time management
- Written and verbal communication
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the Associate is regularly required to speak and hear. The associate is frequently
required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, use hands and fingers, and reach with hands and arms. It requires the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets, and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.