When you work at Equity Trust, there is never a dull moment! You get to be a part of a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team dedicated to providing a superior client experience and driven by performance. Our culture of learning and growth encourages our teams to challenge the status quo and break through ceilings to establish new standards for our industry. For all our associates, the journey is both challenging and rewarding, and we embrace the flexibility to allow you to pave your own path. Come join our mission and learn what it truly means to self-direct your future!
*This position is based out of our Westlake, OH office but eligible for a hybrid remote schedule.
Do you enjoy sharing your ideas and working in an environment that values innovation and continuous process improvement? At Equity Trust, the development of our associates is a top priority, and our ability to create a captivating environment is critical for our growth. If you are passionate about the dynamic financial services industry, apply today for an exciting career opportunity within our internal audit team! We are seeking an individual with a strong accounting/finance background to perform financial and operational audits throughout our company.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Creative, analytical, and collaborative problem solvers with an eye for detail
- Passionate, motivated individuals who continuously go the extra mile
- Confident troubleshooters who know when to advocate for clients, building sustainable relationships and trust
- Monday – Friday schedule
- Flexible/hybrid remote working arrangements
- Benefits and associate perks
The Internal Auditor, Level I provides an objective, independent and risk-based evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of the Company’s operational and financial controls.
- Understands business processes and identifies potential risks during audit planning
- Conducts narrative meetings and walkthroughs to assess procedures and controls within each business process
- Develops an audit plan to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, business processes and procedures
- Prepares audit reports with clearly identified issues to present to management
- Works with management to document responses to any issues identified during the audit, as well as a timeframe for resolution
- Coordinates and performs remediation testing
- Participates in regular training, both internal and external, to stay abreast of new techniques in the audit profession
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in public accounting or Internal Audit
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of statistical sampling techniques and applications for auditing and data processing a plus
In addition to the Core Company competencies of Customer Focus, Collaboration & Teamwork, Integrity & Trust, and Self-Development.
- Action oriented
- Problem solving
- Organizational agility
- Presentation skills