About Burning Glass
Burning Glass Technologies is a leading job market analytics software firm, helping global enterprises track and plan for disruptive skills while aligning talent strategy to business strategy. Our detailed, real-time insights enable global employers, higher education leaders, and governments to take data-driven action.
Burning Glass’s team of 340 employees spans four continents and includes deep expertise in applying big data methods, natural language processing, taxonomy development, and complex model development in the HR domain. The company is backed by global private equity leader KKR.
About the Position
Burning Glass is transforming the way that corporations understand the talent they have, predict future changes to their workforces, define and update the skill requirements of their jobs to ensure the future readiness of their workforce, map promotion and upskilling / reskilling pathways to talent strategy, and benchmark and boost performance on diversity and inclusion measures. Building on a track record of moving the needle for our clients, Burning Glass is in the midst of developing a suite of new products to make these solutions even more scaleable. The Marketing Manager will play a key role in bringing these new solutons to market. The Marketing Manager is responsible for overseeing and driving efforts across Prospect Marketing, Customer Marketing and will partner with Sales Enablement to ensure maximum effectiveness across both internal and external stakeholders. In this role, you will harness your expertise to increase our presence within the human capital management ecosystem. You will assess emerging market opportunities. In addition, you will be a champion for your customers externally and internally to ensure that our future products align with the latest market trends. You will possess extensive knowledge in the areas of Human Capital Management and Talent Management. The HCM Marketing Manager will collaborate with Product and Sales partners to achieve business objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the target audience to map the buyer journey and create buyer personas that guide messaging, content and offers.
- Ensure a cohesive buyer/customer journey per market segment/channel
- Develop consistent buyer/customer personas, by market/line of business, including an understanding of key needs for each
- Position all messaging in terms of customer ultimate benefits, by persona, versus leading with features
- Partner with sales and client success leaders on account-based efforts to target key accounts and accelerate pipeline
- Field broad campaigns to build new pipeline
- Determine optimal tactics and channels for effectively reaching target personas
- Optimize campaigns in flight
- Measure all marketing activities to ensure high ROI, using data to inform tactics and strategies
- Define strategic sales deployment through targeted “plays” for qualified leads
- Expand the relationship with current customers, engaging them in ways that deepen usage, enhance experiences, drive loyalty and renewal, or lead to upsell.
- Serve as SME to inform all digital and demand programs, to align with other off-line efforts
- Ensure that broad Burning Glass marketing and corporate strategies are accurately reflected and supported by marketing efforts for the portfolio.
- Work with senior Marketing leadership on the analysis and creation of marketing strategies across the organization.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Sales and Product to ensure proper prioritization of initiatives and offerings, and to capitalize on new business opportunities
- 5+ years marketing experience in Human Capital Management or Talent Management
- Experience in developing market presence within HCM workstreams
- Understanding of how to navigate and leverage HCM markets
- Ability to develop relationships with key stakeholders, ability to identify issues in order to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations
- Experience in working with data-centric products
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Experience organizing and successfully running major events.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (strong presentation skills a must). Ability to motivate and inspire different audiences.
- Drive for results. “Can-do” attitude and persistence.
- Interpersonal savvy. Outstanding communication skills along with the capacity to work within corporate and entrepreneurial environments.
- Creativity. Ability to champion and execute new and innovative approaches, ideas, methods, processes, products and services.
- Proven team player in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce, Pardot, Google Analytics, or similar.
Location: Boston, MA preferred