A direct client of ours located in NJ has (4) openings for mortgage underwriters. These are 100% remote work from home opportunities. Would focus on central and west coast mortgages. Would need to work hours for those time zones.
Salary + benefits
- Prior experience in a Certified Loan Processor or Underwriter position analyzing conventional, FHA, Jumbo Agency/ Non-QM Loans, VA, USDA and bond agency applications.
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints.
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences.
- Seven-ten (7-10) prior experience underwriting credit and collateral to Agency, FHA, Jumbo Agency/ Non-QM Loans, VA, USDA guidelines.
- Direct Endorsement (DE) or Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) Designation, required.
- Prior experience underwriting non-conforming (JUMBO) loan applications to private investor standards, strongly preferred.
- Complete underwriting review of loan files
- Direct the underwriting risk section and underwriting process
- Maintain underwriting activity logs and provide monthly underwriting report to underwriting manager
- Challenging underwriting or credit issues
- Evaluating mortgage credit risk associated with underwriting residential secondary market and portfolio mortgage loans
- Using the appropriate underwriting guidelines
- Submit mortgage loans for underwriting approval all documents are received
- Understanding underwriting decisions/guidelines and conditions
- Demonstrate exceptional underwriting skills with new mortgage loan requests
- Decline applications based on underwriting guidelines
- Stay abreast of underwriting guidelines
- Establish underwriting guidelines and pricing policies
- Understanding underwriting decisions and conditions
- Maintain knowledge of all underwriting guidelines
- Identifying, analyzing, and evaluating loan risk by underwriting conventional and government loans to investor and agency underwriting guidelines
- Identifying, analyzing, and evaluating loan risk by underwriting conventional and government loans to investor and regulatory underwriting guidelines
- Identifying, analyzing, and evaluating loan risk by underwriting conventional loans to investor, agency and Pulte underwriting guidelines
- Learn underwriting skills and perform junior underwriter activities
- Review all necessary underwriting information
- Prepare necessary documents and submit mortgage loan application files for underwriting approval