The Regional WHS Manager will be responsible for partnering with a regional operations team in our North American Sortation Centers to execute company WHS policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. By leveraging lean principles and kaizens, this individual will lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our Associates. The Regional WHS Manager must demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with the Operations Team and influence change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis.
The Regional WHS Manager must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing. This individual must instruct and train Operations Leaders in company WHS policies and assist the regional teams in incorporating our safety standards at their site. The Regional WHS Manger will be required to identify best practices and incorporate these best practices into our standards to continuously improve company safety policies. The Regional WHS Manager will be required to possess excellent safety program and relevant Workplace and ergonomic knowledge and demonstrates this expertise when working with Operations.
The Regional WHS Manager will be responsible to lead a team of WHS Managers in their region. This individual must create and execute leadership development plans for their WHS Managers and WHS Associates on their team. They must communicate safety team expectations and give frequent and appropriate feedback to their WHS teams and ensure they are executing to the core competencies of an Amazon safety professional. This individual must also demonstrate the ability to judge and assess safety talent and select appropriate bench strength to current and future business needs.
Regional WHS Manager Responsibilities:
· Possess a thorough understanding of local/regional regulations and company policy.
· Provide guidance and oversight to ensure compliance to all applicable Amazon Safety Policies.
· Measure the regions and sites’ performance against published requirements in safety policies. For all deficiencies, identify a plan for the site to implement and fix all identified deficiencies.
· Ensure safety record keeping and data integrity and provides Operations with accurate reporting and metrics to support business safety initiatives.
· Deliver on-time and quality projects to Operations.
· Analyze safety metrics and review incident weekly and monthly incident trends to discover trends to justify the allocation of appropriate resources to areas where the safety risk is highest.
· Analyze Global Safety Peer Review results and develop and implement solutions to eliminate exposure to these risks and prevent injury at other sites.
· Audit recordkeeping practices and report entries to ensure compliance to global safety standards and local regulations.
· Audit workplace organization and Associate behaviors to ensure that training, auditing and scoring methods are accurate and consistent.
· Manage and mentor Safety Managers and Safety Associates in your assigned locations.
· Spend time at Sort Centers and seek input from Safety teams, Associates and leaders on safety program improvement opportunities. Ensure open communication on status of progress and resolution against these suggestions.
· Lead soft tissue injury reduction efforts by performing targeted Kaizens in partnership with the Operations teams based on the risks identified in each task (force, repetition, and awkward postures).
· Ensure site leadership and Associates are trained and knowledgeable of their responsibilities under each policy. Audit the quality, delivery (including qualifications of the trainer), and effectiveness of all required safety training.
· Review for effectiveness the deployed safety tools and revise to ensure continual improvement.
· Partner with corporate and other regional field safety personnel to leverage global safety and Workplace best practices into NA network standards.
Must be willing to travel up to 50%
This person will support the West Region.
· Completed BS/BA Degree in environmental, ergonomics or a related field required.
· 10+ years of increasing responsibilities in safety and/or Workplace programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations.
· Experience implementing lean principles and process improvement in an operational environment.
· Experience leading change in multiple site environments and managing multiple direct reports including managing managers.
· Certified Safety Professional preferred
· Masters preferred
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies based on broader organization goals.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Amazon offers competitive packages including comprehensive health care, 401(k), stock based awards, growth potential, and a challenging and exciting work environment.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.