Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly talented hands on technical architects to help accelerate our growing Application Migration business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also using and expanding your skills working hands on with the future of everything.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, spanning diverse technologies across multiple industries. The Application Migration and Modernization Practice collaborates across the entire AWS organization to deliver the best solutions for customers, connect with AWS product and service teams, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs. As trusted customer advocates, the Practice helps organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate and/or re-develop existing workloads in the cloud. You will help shape, execute, and deliver solutions for a broad range of customer use cases primarily from large enterprise customers.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique application modernization and cloud native application development expertise, hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
In this role as an experienced cloud architect/developer, you will work with our customers in architecting, developing and re-engineering applications that can fully leverage the AWS Cloud. You will work on a variety of game changing projects, at the forefront of application development and cloud technology adoption. Achieving success will require coordination across many internal AWS teams and external AWS Partners, with impact and visibility at the highest levels of the company.
An ideal candidate will be able to:
· Helping customers architect scalable, highly available application solutions that leverage AWS services;
· Architecting and developing customer applications to be cloud optimized;
· Working as a technical leader alongside customer business, development and infrastructure teams;
· Providing deep software development knowledge with respect cloud architecture, design patterns and programming;
· Advising and implementing AWS best practices;
· Working as both an infrastructure and application development specialist;
· Agile software development and DevOps; and
· Implementing DevOps practices such as infrastructure as code, continuous integration and automated deployment.
This is a customer-facing role. You be required to travel to client locations to deliver professional services when needed.
· Practical application development experience on Linux and Windows-based systems using Agile methodologies.
· 7+ years of enterprise grade application development and design experience;
· Experience with CI/CD tools; automated testing tools (e.g. Junit, TestNG); CloudFormation, Terraform; relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL databases (Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB); Java, .NET (C#), Python, Node.js, Ruby, C/C++, or Scala; configuration management platforms (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Salt, or Ansible);
· Experience architecting highly available systems that utilize load balancing, horizontal scalability and high availability;
· Experience in a customer facing role driving discussions with business and technical personnel regarding design, development and architecting best practices;
· BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired;
· Able to work in a diverse team
· Extensive experience developing, designing and developing applications in an AWS Cloud environment;
· Experience migrating applications from one OS to another (ex. Solaris to Linux) or from one database to another (ex. Informix to Oracle);
· Experience with converting monolith applications to microservices on AWS; building cloud-native applications on AWS;
· Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges;
· Verbal and written communications skills and ability to work effectively across organizations; and
· Integration of AWS cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.;
· Advanced degrees in information systems, engineering and/or business.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.