ECS is seeking a FOIA Specialist to work Remote from anywhere in the United States.
ECS has two part-time (hourly) openings for a FOIA Specialist to support NOAA Fisheries. One opening will support the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Fisheries Science Center and the other opening will support the NOAA Fisheries West Coast Region.
Specific activities for the NOAA Fisheries Southeast Fisheries Science Center include:
- Review incoming FOIA requests for completeness and adherence to DOC and NOAA policies, procedures, and regulations
- Assist in reviewing agency records
- Assist in maintaining database / tracking system for FOIA requests
- Monitor the timely processing of FOIA requests and alert government leads before a backlog situation arises
Specific activities for the NOAA Fisheries West Coast Region (WCR) include:
- Advise & assist the WCR Clearwell e-Discovery Administrator on new case management.
- Provide Clearwell technical support as needed.
- Develop resources and a training module for WCR Subject Matter Experts (SME) who may be subjected to online review of FOIA requests using Clearwell technology.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of FOIA requirements, marine mammal, fishery statutes, and codified regulations
- Familiarity with Section 7 of the Endangered Species Act, Marine Mammal Protection Act, and Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act
- Ability to effectively and efficiently to work under tight deadlines and scheduled action dates
- Strong organizational, analytical, written, and verbal skills
- Ability to communicate and work with others as a member of a team
- Ability to comprehend and implement written and verbal instructions on FOIA record review and applicable processes
- Proficiency in working with Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Previous experience using FOIA Online
- Experience working with NOAA is a plus
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.Job Requirements: